Sweet Bedroom Suite

Whew. Looks like a lot of work. :eek: Be sure to show us the finished product when you are finished.

Glad the new material is working out. When a project goes way beyond our expected schedule, for whatever reason, it can be fatiguing. The piece is looking great. Just take it in bite-sized chunks and try to stay focused on the end result. You've had quite a few commissions back-to-back lately and that can add to things. Take a deep breath and remember to enjoy your shop time.

The cutout in the top of the headboard is for ????
Ahhh, yes. Well, the cutout is for a recessed electrical outlet box. A nice brushed metal box with a swing down cover. It has 3 120v outlets and 2 USB power ports.
IMG_0404.jpg

Another construction note. The nightstands are not very deep, less than 11", so there is a danger of them tipping forward. Also, the customer wanted them to 'temporarily' connect to the headboard to prevent items from falling down between the two pieces. The solution to both of these issues was to incorporate a pair of french cleats that lock the nightstand to the headboard. To disengage them you simply lift up on the nightstand and slide it away from the headboard.
IMG_0405.jpg

He's giving me a boat on top of the payment for the suite.

Cool, but I'm sort of only half sure that it's a bonus - I mean boats are just holes in the water to throw money into :rofl: And think of the cost of all the fishing gear!! :rolleyes:

(I'm mostly worried that you'll get to busy fishing we won't get to see more cool projects).

Cool, but I'm sort of only half sure that it's a bonus - I mean boats are just holes in the water to throw money into :rofl: And think of the cost of all the fishing gear!! :rolleyes:

(I'm mostly worried that you'll get to busy fishing we won't get to see more cool projects).
Not to worry. I'm no fisherman, by any stretch. It's not a motorized boat, for now. Just a little 10' Jan and I will use to play around on the river.