I Just Wanted To Lighten Your Day...

I had no shop for last Christmas. If I do for this Christmas I do not know that I will have had time for gifts. This makes me sad since I have been pretty prolific in years past. Last year folks were asking "where's the ornaments?", "where's the reindeer?".

I had no shop for last Christmas. If I do for this Christmas I do not know that I will have had time for gifts. This makes me sad since I have been pretty prolific in years past. Last year folks were asking "where's the ornaments?", "where's the reindeer?".
Glenn any suggestions for ornaments ? That sounds like a cool gift. Be kind of cool to make a branding iron 20, only have to do half.

Glenn any suggestions for ornaments ? That sounds like a cool gift. Be kind of cool to make a branding iron 20, only have to do half.

The year that really got me in trouble is when I made a bunch of mini reindeer. These were tied to each gift via the ribbon and were a real hit.

Reindeer-round-small.JPG

For ornaments, the 3D scroll saw ones are received well as are the flat types. The subject can be anything. I use scrap from stock that has been resawn for the flat work and basswood is great for the 3D stuff.

scroll-bird-mom-xmas-2011 (2).jpg
scroll-attempt-3.jpg

Bummer, I seem to hae misplaced my entire scroll work picture folder. Minor loss as I'm not very good at it. Patterns are readily avialble and I have used pictures off the web and even out of magazines for patterns.

The year that really got me in trouble is when I made a bunch of mini reindeer. These were tied to each gift via the ribbon and were a real hit.

View attachment 111731

For ornaments, the 3D scroll saw ones are received well as are the flat types. The subject can be anything. I use scrap from stock that has been resawn for the flat work and basswood is great for the 3D stuff.

View attachment 111732
View attachment 111733

Bummer, I seem to hae misplaced my entire scroll work picture folder. Minor loss as I'm not very good at it. Patterns are readily avialble and I have used pictures off the web and even out of magazines for patterns.
That's some cool work everyone will like.