FRIDAY

Should be a nice weekend. Not sure of plans yet. Many events canceled so new plans keep popping up.
I know at some point I'll take a trip to the farm to check on the food plots. Go see my Granddaughter. Maybe some shop time.
Happy 4th everyone !

I had to look at the calendar to confirm that it was Friday... nothing planned for the weekend... maybe a little shop time. Need to weed the front flower bed, but stalling on that... need to mow the yard, waiting for new tractor delivery... brakes have gone out on my old one and I don't want to chance mowing my hills with no brakes. plus have put all the maintenance money into it I want... it's only lasted 15 years...

Trotting to my son's home to watch Hamilton today. Tomorrow smoke some ribs, look outside and watch the sky for fireworks. Won't go anywhere where the crowds are. Yes I need to weed flower beds also and mulch, but 95 degree weather doesn't inspire me.
Everyone have a safe and healthy 4th of July weekend.
David

quite weekend around here I'll be working on getting my 2021 certifications done for the new up coming medicare open enrollment. Every year I have to get the Continuing Education done in order to help people with their Medicare. No real changes for this year so far but I have to re certify every year. I'll spend some time plying with the CNC might get back on the submarine hull if the new bit get here like they're supposed to. Gonna be in to 100 but what else is new it's July and I live in Arizona.

Started my Friday draining the water heater tank - can tell I should have done it more frequently! I'll replace the anode rod also as well as install a new and better drain valve!

Saturday should be more work on the demilune table - lots of sanding and some sealer, I hope.

Sunday will be our normal routine: me preparing brunch, then chillin' the remainder of the day.

A squirrel decided to play on the top of my power pole earlier this morning and fried itself and the fuse switch. Back up an running and the day will go better now that I can have some coffee. :rofl: Gotta do a little mowing this morning and then hopefully a bit of shop time. Might be able to get a larger sized hackberry bowl finished. Dunno. We will see.

this is going to be the slowest most boring july 4th weekend weve had in 50 years.(not sure if our friends down the street or bil or sil will come over for burgers later in day,)
noone is coming over, we are not travelling to anyone. No fireworks shows around here, its just gonna be burgers and hotdogs on grill for the 2 of us, maybe sit out front and watch some neighborhood kids the next block burn up 100s of dollars of fireworks. I dont trust protestors, would be a wonderful day for them to march and shut down some roadways out here, combined with beach traffic, traffic going out to east end, it would be a nightmare, so we decided everyone should just stay home and relax.
Ill do some work out in the garage, working on another tree troll entranceway to put on another tree, (yes, I have no life)

Shop-wise, the only thing I have on the must-do list is to fabricate a steel reinforcement plate for the aluminum screen door. The screw holes for the door closer piston have gotten stripped out, so I'll be mounting a steel plate with tapped and threaded holes to attach the door closer to.

We got our burger cooking out of the way last night. Picked up some fresh ground grass-fed beef from a local meat market on Wednesday. Baked some homemade hamburger buns yesterday afternoon, and then cooked burgers and grilled onions for dinner last night. I seldom cook burgers at home because LOML generally doesn't like hamburgers. The only ones she really likes are from Freddie's Steakburgers, and despite the name, Freddie's makes very thin, crispy burger patties. I tried to replicate them last night by cooking thin burgers in a cast iron skillet on the gas grill. LOML loved them, so I consider it a win. :)

We don't have any major plans for the weekend. There will be several public fireworks displays, but we're going to stay home. One of the public displays sponsored by the city was scheduled to happen in the park right next to the city animal shelter. (Brilliant idea, Mr. Mayor. :rolleyes: As if the animals weren't stressed out enough, let's bombard them with fireworks.) Fortunately, the public outcry was strong enough that they decided to relocate that one to a different park. Between the city-sanctioned displays and all the illegal stuff (which has been going on for the past several weeks) there will be lots of rocket's red glare in the skies tomorrow. I'll probably send the drone up tomorrow night to get some video of the city under siege.

I'll be doing another round of chemical warfare on the local scorpion population later today. I killed one in the house a few days ago...it was lounging around on the tile floor inches away from our dog. Time for another preemptive strike.

I also need to finish up an article I've been asked to write for a woodworking magazine. This is a first for me, but hopefully there will be more in the future. More details once it gets published.

Lastly, I have one more module to complete in an online training course I've been doing in preparation for a new firearms certification I'm in the process of getting. The in-person classroom and shooting range portion of the course will happen later this month.

this is going to be the slowest most boring july 4th weekend weve had in 50 years.(not sure if our friends down the street or bil or sil will come over for burgers later in day,)
noone is coming over, we are not travelling to anyone. No fireworks shows around here, its just gonna be burgers and hotdogs on grill for the 2 of us, maybe sit out front and watch some neighborhood kids the next block burn up 100s of dollars of fireworks...we decided everyone should just stay home and relax.
Ill do some work out in the garage... (yes, I have no life)
Pretty much the same here - except being more out in the country we don't have any protesters (at least not yet.).

Worked on the farm house today, clearing out the upstairs. I did another treatment for moss on the ponds, seems to be helping, can actually see some pretty nice sized fish now in the pond. Hopefully when we take the kids down in a few weeks we can actually do some fishing on it. Going to work on the motorcycle rocker a bit more tomorrow and Sunday.

Hot Hot Hot Hot.

90's + for the next week with no rain in the forecast. 83 in the shop when I opened the door this morning. Even so, much work to do and no time for complaining.

I've said before, I must be part lizard... I welcome 83 in the shop... makes my finish dry faster.... my shop is shaded by 2 big oaks trees and an elm so never gets overly warm in there... winter is hardest on me in the shop... all that iron gets cold and once my hand and feet get cold, it's time to call it a day.

I did do a little (Very little) weeding yesterday and sprayed all my rose bushes for the Japanese beatles that are eating them up... those buggers come back every year and can strip a rose bush.... the years we had the garden they ate more beans than we did.