Auxilliary Bathroom Remodel

Add a little water 1/4 to 1/2 cup to each pan full, your mud looks a little thick, which it usually is out of the bucket. Do a knock down sand of just a few (3-4 strokes) with 80 grit over all the joints, then fill only one side at a time of a corner. Let that dry, then do the other side of the corner, doing a knock down sanding between. It takes more time, but you get a cleaner look and less sanding overall.

Last edited:
Jeez, I took some more time off. I think I was so bummed about my poor job of drywalling I couldn't bring myself to look at it.

Anyhow, Sanded that first round of 'stuff' down, and then taped up all of the ceiling cracks, put some bull nose on the one outside corner.

Will let that dry a few days, then sand again and then do some final skim coating, I think. No pictures. It aint pretty, but it's going to get done one way or another.

Got back on the horse recently and I've made a little progress.

Electrical is all done.

Finished up the drywall and painting, which I hate, and am bad at, lol.

Today, I got the shower stall walls and flooring installed.

Really liked the way I was able to do the hole around the toilet drain.

Ordered a toilet and seat but will be a couple weeks before they get here. Needed a 10" rough in and they were out of stock.

But, Have plenty of tasks left, including replacing doors and door trim. The sink cabinet should be fine, but I need to pour an epoxy finish on the concrete counter top I had made for this several years ago.

Oh well, At least I'm making progress.

br_04.jpg

So, I went back and saw the initial post was 11/30/2019. I know he has the week of TG off. I say we all place bets and see if he can get it done in under a year. I'm betting he will, now that the pressure is on. :scram: :lurk::headbang:🔧🔨
I don't know that would mean getting it done in less than 3 weeks, I'm bet'n it'll be more like Christmas. :hide:

Well, The toilet needed to be special ordered with a 10" rough in and wont be here till the 30th, but that should be a quick enough install.

I'm pouring the epoxy top on the concrete counter today. I figure all the plumbing will be ready this week and just down to new doors and door trim after that.

Well, The toilet needed to be special ordered with a 10" rough in and wont be here till the 30th, but that should be a quick enough install.
after 2 trips to the hardware store

I figure all the plumbing will be ready this week and just down to new doors and door trim after that.
and 4 more trips...lol

The only room in the house I could keep at a temp of 75-85 to cure the finish was what we call the 'bunk house', really just kind of a store room. Put a small space heater in it and am running that for days to keep the temp up. Can't wait to see the electric bill for this, lol.