DW735 new parts

Tom Niemi

Staff member
I've been having a continuing issue with my Dewalt planer, finally got to the point that enough is enough. Tired of taking it apart after 2-3 boards and vacuuming it our so I could adjust the height to continue, just filled up with shavings. Took it apart, removed the fan blower assembly and found the problem!
Blower Fan Assembly.jpg
removed assembly
Good.jpg
What is SHOULD look like
Bad.jpg
What is DOES look like!

Guess I found the problem LOL. New one ordered

I've heard of several users having this problem. I haven't yet, but I'm considering getting a spare ahead of time now. Thanks for the photos. This is the first time that I've actually seen what happens to them.

Duct tape might be a temporary fix, but with the pressure created by that blower, I doubt it will stay on very long, or it might even wear through quickly. Replacement avoids the need for frequent dis-assembly and patch jobs. I'll do it when the right replacement part no longer exists, but not when they are still available.

Charley

I am trying the duct tape repair until the replacement parts come in (2 1/2 weeks), also I am not putting the blower fan in, just going to let the dust collection evac the dust (I thought Rennie was doing that with his and verified he is and works well with out it, thanks Rennie :thumb:) Also with no fan, I feel that wear will be minimal, if at all. We will see:)

I am trying the duct tape repair until the replacement parts come in (2 1/2 weeks), also I am not putting the blower fan in, just going to let the dust collection evac the dust (I thought Rennie was doing that with his and verified he is and works well with out it, thanks Rennie :thumb:) Also with no fan, I feel that wear will be minimal, if at all. We will see:)
I took the fan impeller out of mine (at Rennie's suggestion) and have been running it like that for about a year with no problems. I ran about 30 feet of maple, cherry and walnut through it today. After your post, and mostly to satisfy my curiosity, I took the cover off and the planer was completely clean inside.

If it does wear through to quickly, maybe fill the gap with either hot melt or construction adhesive then duct tape over it (I have little faith that either will stick to the plastic well.. but might provide enough abrasion resistance to make it work for a while longer).