My Dust collector sucks

I just hooked up the "Gigantic 13 x 16 x 10" ABS Plastic Dust Hood w/ 4" OD Opening for Dust Collector". under my router table and used it for the first time. The results were great. I only have an HF collector , don't remember the size but it has 2 4" intake y and a 6" exhaust. it is on a shelf in back of my shop and just blows the dust outside , no filter. I have a 4" pvc waist line along the ceiling and 10 foot 6" ceiling. There is at least 40' of travel from the router table through a flex hose and up through the pvc pipe. there is 4" hose on the fence and 4" attached to the upside down hood. it pulled all the chips away and had plenty of suction through the fence. I just put an ogee on 4 drawer fronts and In the past
the entire area under my RT would be covered in chips and dust. Now there is very little in the way of wood chips dropped underneath. almost all the dust you see in the picture is pre hood.

Attachments

• IMG_3944.jpeg
    IMG_3944.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 15
I just hooked up the "Gigantic 13 x 16 x 10" ABS Plastic Dust Hood w/ 4" OD Opening for Dust Collector". under my router table and used it for the first time. The results were great. I only have an HF collector , don't remember the size but it has 2 4" intake y and a 6" exhaust. it is on a shelf in back of my shop and just blows the dust outside , no filter. I have a 4" pvc waist line along the ceiling and 10 foot 6" ceiling. There is at least 40' of travel from the router table through a flex hose and up through the pvc pipe. there is 4" hose on the fence and 4" attached to the upside down hood. it pulled all the chips away and had plenty of suction through the fence. I just put an ogee on 4 drawer fronts and In the past
the entire area under my RT would be covered in chips and dust. Now there is very little in the way of wood chips dropped underneath. almost all the dust you see in the picture is pre hood.
Wow, That looks like a big ole sink drain under there. That's great!

From looking at some videos, it appears that there are some things I can do with sealing up some of the leaks around the saw to help too. I knew I had neglected cleaning that out for a while, but was shocked it was that much, lol.
you have to remember you need air flow though. if its only being pulled through the plate there will not enough flow through the whole cabinet to move the sawdust. I just put that dust hood I mentioned under my router. I have a HF dust collector on a shelf behind my shop with a 4" y intake and a 6" exhaust ( I don't remember the horse power). No filter. just blowing outside. It is hooked up to a series of 4" pvc waste line that runs along the ceiling. So it has about 40' of pipe to go through plus there is about 15' of 4" flex tube from the wall to the router table. That system has good suction through the fence an takes care of the dust falling into the upside down hood. Most of the dust is taken care of by gravity sending it to hood. Before I added this the clamps under the router table would be covered in sawdust after 4 drawer fronts but now they stay pretty clean. so maybe try that under your TS motor.

(this is to funny. I did some more drawer fronts and completely forgot I had already posted this same thing when I did the last ones. lol. I have always had memory problems) sorry for the repeat.)

Attachments

• IMG_3950.jpeg
    IMG_3950.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3952.jpeg
    IMG_3952.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 8