Another Bath Remodel

Thanks guys, did grout today, but with all the other chores I did today, my giddy up is done. Will work on getting trim and new fixtures installed this week. She doesn't care if the ceiling is open still, just wants a functional second bath by next weekend for the Grandson's birthday party and company coming to town.

2016-04-24 18.42.59.jpg

More info about the tiles, please. Source? Product name? Cost per square foot? Etc.

We got it at Lowes. There were actually a few variations of the same brand/style color wise, but this it the one we got, which was $2.48 a sqft.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_486466-1813-1095730___?Ntt=486466&UserSearch=486466&productId=50015948

also have it in a 12" x 24" tile... http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=rel&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

There was another that looked like weathered barn wood that was pretty darned realistic looking. It's amazing some of the details they are getting on tile and laminate floors now days.

My daughter has been talking about a second bathroom in my house. It would help to sell it when the time comes. That is something I have NO interest in building.

Yours looks good.

Care to come make one for me: :D

You can never have enough bathrooms, except when it comes time to have to clean them...;) We had 5 in our last house, that was way too many, but two to, two and a half seems like a good number. Number of bedrooms and baths makes the resell numbers go up. We may add another of each before we sell, just to get the extra equity.

Tonight I shut off the water and replaced the shut-off valves for the sink and toilet, then proceeded to install the toilet and vanity/sink.

The toilet is one of the American Standard Vortex toilets, and boy does it really flush every part of the bowl, the rinse water swirls right up under the rim all the way around. I have to say, the box came with everything except the connection line, which I had to run back to the store for a longer one as I forgot I bought a taller toilet. :rolleyes: This was one of the simplest toilets I've ever installed though, all the parts were also pretty good quality too.
2016-04-26 23.28.34.jpg

The vanity was also a kit, but we re-used the faucet from the old vanity as we had just installed it a couple of years ago. I'm not completely happy with the vanity's quality, but I needed something that was quick to install, so will live with it for now. The sink doesn't even have an overflow hole in it, so something I'll have to keep an eye on when the grandson is around and things are too quiet, if you know what I mean. ;)
2016-04-26 23.28.24.jpg

I also got the vanity light installed the other night and got all the trim primed and ready to paint, will be installing it tomorrow night and changing out some of the hardware to a bronze color.

Today I got the trim installed, caulked, and painted. Also got the walls touched up and shower cleaned. It's read for use, but still need to get the ceiling installed and put the new hardware on the shower/tub.
2016-04-30 21.56.43.jpg

The color of the trim helped with tying the tub into the rest of the room, was looking a bit off with the bone color and white vanity and toilet...guess I need to trust my wife's vision more often. ;)

Well, a bit of a delay on finishing the ceiling on this project. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that it's taken this long to do it, especially from the time I measured it out, went to the store, and finished cutting the last piece of track was only about 3 hours, which included the grid in the hall outside the bath. :rolleyes:
20210711_191311.jpg
20210711_194925.jpg

The hallway...
20210711_191336.jpg 20210711_191350.jpg

I'll pickup tiles this week along with some new light fixtures to button things up.