Greene and more Greene

All the admiration of your skills as expressed by everyone else, plus some! Now if only you had a client that liked Mid-Century, as I would love to see what you would do with that. It is currently my favorite furniture design style, as it fits my house.

Don't forget Leo's part in this. I would never have been able to do those 'Gamble' details without his CNC skills.
Rennie -

How do I say this hhhmmmmmm

Rennie communicates to me in a really stupid level of understanding of minds. I KNOW what he wants, and he has a unique and deliberate way to tell me in a clear picture in detail to me. The way I am wired because of my training is to be thinking in the finest detail, I cannot help that, it is just me. Rennie reaches me in a similar detail, not many do.

The thing I most love about the guy is he has that ability in the nicest and kindest way possible.

That - to - me, is Rennie's ability to dive into the level of detail that he does. He is DRIVEN.

Rennie drives me. I love a challenge and Rennie knows that. Rennie is not afraid to ask if I am willing to step up to the plate, and I like that. Rennie is the inspiration, the visionary, the driving force. Rennie inspires me to dig deeper. If Rennie was not there - I would never get these things.

It's about Rennie, NOT Leo.

Don't forget Leo's part in this. I would never have been able to do those 'Gamble' details without his CNC skills.
Rennie -

How do I say this hhhmmmmmm

Rennie communicates to me in a really stupid level of understanding of minds. I KNOW what he wants, and he has a unique and deliberate way to tell me in a clear picture in detail to me. The way I am wired because of my training is to be thinking in the finest detail, I cannot help that, it is just me. Rennie reaches me in a similar detail, not many do.

The thing I most love about the guy is he has that ability in the nicest and kindest way possible.

That - to - me, is Rennie's ability to dive into the level of detail that he does. He is DRIVEN.

Rennie drives me. I love a challenge and Rennie knows that. Rennie is not afraid to ask if I am willing to step up to the plate, and I like that. Rennie is the inspiration, the visionary, the driving force. Rennie inspires me to dig deeper. If Rennie was not there - I would never get these things.

It's about Rennie, NOT Leo.
Leo,

I'm forwarding this on to St. Peter... Just in case I need a little extra push to get in. 😊

Seriously, it's good to have someone that will put up with my persnickety stubbornness.

Great work..impressed. Re: gamble trim..
Looks like join in the middle, the same as the panels,yes?
Spray the finish, or..........

Great work..impressed. Re: gamble trim..
Looks like join in the middle, the same as the panels,yes?
Spray the finish, or..........
The trim and panel are both book matched, but separate pieces. The look was both intentional and necessary - the limits of my tooling and the width of the boards at hand.

Finish is two applications of natural danish oil, second application wet sanded in with 2,000 grit wet/dry paper. Then 4 to 6 applications of Arm-R-Seal from General Finishes. All padded on by hand with a soft cotton cloth. Then two coats of a satin sheen wax.

After a while though, you know you get to where it's kind of "yawn.. another perfectly executed masterpiece.." where's the drama in that? ;)

Seriously though, this is a really nice piece of work. I also like how the walnut turned out and I think the colors will age in really well with how it's laid out.