Tool shed finds

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I went up to look around the little house on the farm that is falling down today. At some point it was turned into a little workshop/garage with a lean to on the side for parking the tractor under.

I was looking at all the things that needed to be moved from it before demo and started to notice some of the little things laying around and stuck in the dirt.

A cultivator tine
201823C7-D161-489A-BB19-CC223FC4E3DB.jpeg

What looks to be a spot welder attachment for an arc welder hanging there.
BC76547F-1E36-44DE-B411-C226B395656F.jpeg

The tractors tool box, and yes an old wood chipper laying on the ground
CAB40175-9BAF-4F8A-AC9B-430854784466.jpeg

The plow of course.
48D949B8-80D2-49FC-9D64-CEBA37C65B8B.jpeg

Then I stepped back and was looking at an electric fence charger and cow skull, then noticed what they were mounted to…a wagon side!
FD5D347B-5F07-4DE7-A030-F140DDC2729B.jpeg

I think it was one of the things I was the most excited about. I’m going to be getting it down for sure as we’ve got two old hay wagons that I’m sure it fits, should make a good template for making more.

A neighbor gave me one of those old Craftsman wood chippers and I actually got it working. The knives were all beat up and replacements were no longer available, but I think I can make some out of old mower blades. I have the owners manual if you need one.

Spoke with her grandpa about the wagon side, it turns out it was for a manure spreader, not the wagons. :D Oh well! :dunno:

More interesting "patina"!!!

I have a couple of flat wagons made out of truck flatbeds. That style side still works as the 2x4's will slide in the rail and hold a load decently. I think you ought to keep it and attach your "finds" on it, put grandpa's name on it and make it a memory board.