Shop build

Lights are in and done. Nice to have that part done.

d782fbf728fcd1a37b226e9deec49b06.jpg

f169f416b8a63eaa007762d86c7138bf.jpg

However i was being impatient and tried to move my powermatic lathe and ended up dropping it on the vfd. So if anyone knows of a good place to get a replacement cause powermatic wants $934

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Bummer about your VFD. No suggestions on a replacement, but seeing your lathe in the photo really drives home how large your shop building is. My Powermatic (with extension bed) takes up a sizeable portion of my shop. Yours barely makes a dent in the space. :thumb:

Mark, what are the motors specs, there are a bunch on Amazon so if I knew the motor specs (I assume 230 VAC 3 phase) I can help you select one (used to sell those critters in a previous life. Also I am assuming you are using 230 Volts single phase to supply it. It's really not a big deal if you know what you are looking at.

This might help Mark

Thanks I have been searching up options hopefully it isn't as expensive as I think it is. The bright side I checked the rest of the lathe and there are no cracks or broken pieces.
Bummer about your VFD. No suggestions on a replacement, but seeing your lathe in the photo really drives home how large your shop building is. My Powermatic (with extension bed) takes up a sizeable portion of my shop. Yours barely makes a dent in the space. :thumb:
The inside of the building is 30x40x14(sidewall)18 (peak) Half of that is woodshop the left side will be metal/ welding/mechanic/ forging . I have a side wing off the building that will host my boat build and be it's home when it is done.

This fellow documents an alternative install pretty nicely

and doc green has a nice overview of the electronics that might be useful for figuring out how the wiring aligns with the new inverter.

Mark, what are the motors specs, there are a bunch on Amazon so if I knew the motor specs (I assume 230 VAC 3 phase) I can help you select one (used to sell those critters in a previous life. Also I am assuming you are using 230 Volts single phase to supply it. It's really not a big deal if you know what you are looking at.
Just read this Don, yep 1p 220v input 3p 230v output .

Was wondering how that went, looks like it ended up at least working :bliss: (y)

That camera setup is pretty sweet looking as well.

What VFD did you end up using anyway?
Setup wasn't bad. A little nerve-wracking trying to hook it up as i have an A model and all instructions were for a B model .

Camera setup is an expensive endeavor for the club. I speced and purchased the whole think included a live switcher which allows us to stream and use 4 cameras. Came out to about 5 grand but the system shoots and streams in 4k.

Vfd was this one .

LAPOND High Performance VFD... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WWG9BS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Wow VFD's have gotten cheap from what they used to be o_O💸 That ain't bad at all as these things go.

I hadn't actually realized how many cameras that setup had, much fancier than my initial take on it. Should be able to do some interesting things with that! (y)

Wow VFD's have gotten cheap from what they used to be o_O[emoji389] That ain't bad at all as these things go.

I hadn't actually realized how many cameras that setup had, much fancier than my initial take on it. Should be able to do some interesting things with that! (y)
We do our club meetings on them. Will be doing one this Saturday. I will post the stream when i set it up if anyone wants to watch