Walnut Bowl

Ah, I always like undercut rims on bowls like this. They're classy and a nice touch of skill as well, the low almost a raised bead on this one is an extra nice touch (y)

Interesting walnut, somewhere half way between so called "English/Carpathian" walnut (Juglans regia) and black walnut I've gotten locally. I suspect it's a larger than I've managed to snag Carpathian as the center was more like that while a lot of the outside was quite white but browned up nicely with a bit of a sun tan.

Ah, I always like undercut rims on bowls like this. They're classy and a nice touch of skill as well, the low almost a raised bead on this one is an extra nice touch (y)
Thanks Ryan and everyone else for encouraging comments made about recent pieces.
I try to produce bits with an individual character, at least that's my excuse, the fact that the piece of wood dictates a high percentage of the form is just a coincidence, honest.

Not sure of species of walnut, my stock was donated as firewood from local furniture makers offcuts, therefore came without any provenance and could be European or USA Black walnut sourced.