Just sharing a few recipes

A Master Gardener friend gifted me three Pawpaws a couple of years ago. They don’t attract the normal pollinators like bees, but are pollinated by flies and beetles, which don’t do a very good job. As a result many people pollinate them by hand with a soft artist’s brush. They also require pollination by a tree from a different genetic strain. One of my trees came from Mt Vernon and the other two from separate colonies near Yorktown National park. The Mt Vernon tree has done the best and is 6’ tall:

9689D966-40F7-4E7F-989B-9C5AE4ED2E29.jpeg,
The other two are much smaller:

213B82BB-1020-477D-8B94-EDAFB11DFFD2.jpeg.

I think it will be a while before we see any fruit.

I think I have a paw paw tree going at the back side of a gully behind my burn pit.... I've seen the leaves on the tree, but not any fruit.... it's actually on the neighbors property as my line cuts across the little gully near the end of it.... I'll have to watch again this year to see if we get fruit.... never had any.

I've been grown a fig plant for 5 years and haven't gotten a fig off it yet... squirrels or deer get them before I can...... I need to move the plant out into more sunshine anyway... it's in too much shade and too close to the wooded part of my lot.
Make sure they are ripe dont pick them off the tree, wait until the hit the ground and are getting black and soft. They are a mess to processes but OH so worth it.

My did didn't like turkey either... the first thanksgiving after I moved back to Texas I had the family up (or rather down to Houston) for dinner.... they all enjoyed the turkey I served except Dad... his wife (my step mother) brought a baked chicken for his dinner.

For a number of years I wasn't all that fond of turkey myself.... that stemmed from being flogged by a Tom when I was about 3 1/2 years old.... Grandpa sent me out to close a gate in front of the house, but warned me to watch out for the Tom..... sure enough he flogged, jumped into my back and scared a 3 year old out of any fondness of turkey for a number of years.
Grandpa didnt care for turkey either but it was because he was the one that ran the feather plucker in our small turkey dressing plant. When I was young we raised 20000 turkeys. I would stand in the middle of the flock and the toms would run after us and we would turn and yell at them and they would stop and the whole flock would gobble. The City people would come our and see us little kids being chased by the toms and Scream that the birds were gona kill us and we just stood their and Laughed. :rofl:

A Master Gardener friend gifted me three Pawpaws a couple of years ago. They don’t attract the normal pollinators like bees, but are pollinated by flies and beetles, which don’t do a very good job. As a result many people pollinate them by hand with a soft artist’s brush. They also require pollination by a tree from a different genetic strain. One of my trees came from Mt Vernon and the other two from separate colonies near Yorktown National park. The Mt Vernon tree has done the best and is 6’ tall:

View attachment 121264,
The other two are much smaller:

View attachment 121265.

I think it will be a while before we see any fruit.
Ted the extension office here told us to hang a dead animial in or around the tree to draw the black flies to pollinate. The flowers of Paw Paws smells like rotting meat

How about a squirrel from every branch:rofl::rofl:
Could have done that year before last.. so far this year only one on the property.

I loaned half the trapping kit out to another fellow i know who's been having a lot of trouble with them. Drove by a week later.. still sitting in his driveway.. two weeks later.. still sitting in his driveway.. three weeks later.. yep.

You can lead a horse to water but you have to tube them to make them drink.