OCDC: Same Guys, Same Songs, New Name

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight was our first gig using our new band name. We had a great time with a standing room only crowd. My sister caught this video at the end of Comfortably Numb from the "Band Wives and Friends" table...this was about the only song where the dance floor was empty enough to see the band clearly. The front door is around the corner to my right. That's why you see people walking by me throughout the video. I know I've shared versions of this guitar solo over the years, but my playing and the audio on this one came out pretty decent. (Can't say the same for most cell phone videos.)

The long-haired guy next to me is Lloyd (a.k.a. La Loyd), the newest member of the band. He's about half the age of the rest of us but a great addition to the band. (Jeff and I tease him about the fact that we were recording an album and touring together before he was born.) He's a very talented singer and player, and he's very happy hanging out with old guys and playing songs that were popular before his time. :thumb:

[Edit to add] For some reason, the embedded video isn't playing right now on my computer, but it plays fine if you click the YouTube logo to "Watch on YouTube".

Last edited:
I am sorry and I don't mean to be disrespectful but...
I am highly insulted and will move to have you banned forthwith! :crash: :rofl:

Pretty much every time we play that song someone in the audience yells out "More Cowbell!" That clip is not only famous, it's iconic. :thumb: Will Ferrel is great in it, but Christopher Walken's character makes it for me.