Vcarve

Mine Hill

I want to up my game with my CNC. Have been using AoutSketch and SheetCam. I want to start engraving clip art on my work and would like to do lithophane's if possible. Am looking at Vcarve desktop. Any comments would be very helpful before I spent $349

I want to up my game with my CNC. Have been using AoutSketch and SheetCam. I want to start engraving clip art on my work and would like to do lithophane's if possible. Am looking at Vcarve desktop. Any comments would be very helpful before I spent $349
Thanks Leo - will order today - have you done any lithophones? also what software are you using?

Vcarve pro user here too. I haven't done lithophanes on the cnc, just on my 3d printer with good success. I'd be interested to see how your projects come out, sounds pretty cool. I'll hopefully get my cnc out of storage this winter and get it running again.

Thanks Leo - will order today - have you done any lithophones? also what software are you using?
I did some lithophanes back in 07 or 08. At that time Vectric vas very young and still growing. I used Vectric PhotoVcarve to make a couple of lithophanes. They are OK, but I have never made any more. I think you can do it with Vcarve. It's been a long time since I have done it.

Currently I use Aspire.