Friday 11/18

Need to winterize the fountain and all the outside hoses and faucets. Looking forward to some shop time. Last week I cleared a path to the lathe and have a few cylinders to turn in various woods. The blanks are stored outside in a small 10' x 10'HF Garage tent and are blocked in by garden tools and misc 'stuff'. Looks like the mice and tree rats are having a field day out there, so I'll have to empty it and clean out the mess. My generator lives in there and needs to be cranked up and checked for rodent damage too. Lots of dirty little jobs to do...yaaaay!

Woke up to our first freezing morning of the season! Yeah, I know it's 20 below in Montana - that's why we're in South Georgia!

Usual Friday for us. We'll head to Boston for lunch of shrimp and catfish, then back home for a nap. I need to replace the timer on our outdoor watering system this afternoon as well as tweak one of the solenoid-actuated valves. Maybe some shop time, too.

Saturday needs to be time in my shop to finish building a small shelf unit for our neighbors - we'll see how I feel.

Sunday will start with me preparing brunch, as usual, then chillin' out the remainder of the day.

We have various family coming to town for the weekend, and off and on over the next week or so for grandpa's birthday and Thanksgiving. A few of my nephews will be here this weekend, so may get their help on a few projects. We have firewood to gather/cut, a new culvert to dig and set with the backhoe, and a cnc machine to assemble. Only after the house is as clean as my wife thinks it should be, and then some. ;)

Watching grand boys today, school’s closed today, lots of snow! Shop tomorrow as no shop all week, had the second injection in my eye to to a hemorrhage, I more to go. Thus one really messed with my eye 🥴
View attachment 122917
You are the second person I know of who has had injections in the eyes.... gives me the willies just to think about a needle in the eye.... the wife had cataract surgery some years back.... that gave me the willies too... I can be deaf and mute, but sure would hate to be blind.

Nothing really planned for the weekend... wifey wants to go shopping tomorrow, so that will shoot my day... hopefully Sunday will have a couple of FB games... Titans played last night and beat Green Bay, so don't know who else I'll be rooting for (Or sleeping through the game??)
Getting colder here, so gonna have to dig out a heater for the shop. Might be a good excuse to clean out and re-arrange the garage storage area.

Shop shut down for a while to let the weather moderate. It got cod in a hurry One day it's 80 the next it's in the 40's. Haven't adjusted yet. Cold at night also in higher teens to lower 20's. Have all outside chores done now just hibernate and look for stuff to do inside. Watch football over the weekend and just chill.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend and forward.
David

Handling a bunch of email and other paperwork today. I also need to go buy new rollers for our sliding glass patio door and get them installed. The old ones are only a few years old but they're already shot. (They don't make 'em like they used to.) :rolleyes:

Shop-wise I still need to try to get the remains of the grinding wheel off my Tormek. I never got around to it this past week...that thing isn't gonna fix itself, lol. And of course there's always cleaning and organizing that needs to be done out there.

I also have some guitar stuff to work on. Need to program my guitar rig for a couple of new songs we're adding to the repertoire and work on the parts I'll be playing. Haven't been able to play this past week because I mashed my left index fingertip earlier in the week trying to fix the danged sliding glass door. The finger's doing better so it's time to start playing again. I also have a guitar that went inoperable a while back, and I'd like to get it taken apart and handled. I suspect I'll be just rewiring the whole thing from scratch. It's been nice having a dedicated guitar workbench in the house.

Sunday will be a variety of house and yard chores. At some point I'll watch the final Formula 1 race from Abu Dhabi. My driver has already won the championship, but the contest for second place is tied, so it'll be decided this weekend.

...No races this week. Bummer.
I hadn't watched NASCAR in a long time, so I recorded the Xfinity Cup championship race a few weekends ago. I was surprised how boring it was (to me). I guess I just prefer car races with both left and right turns. I did love seeing all the replays of Ross Chastain's finish from the weekend before, though.