Just a little something I did with some spare time.

It takes a great deal of skill to break down a coffee table and make a pallet from it. Your skills are to be admired.

I would like to offer one bit of advice. Next time countersink the holes for the nails and plug them. Your project will have a much more professional appearance.

I would like to offer one bit of advice. Next time countersink the holes for the nails and plug them. Your project will have a much more professional appearance.
I thought about that but I elected to go with the more traditional look.
The real question is where you sourced the pre-rusted spiral nails?
They carry them at tractor supply.

...I would like to offer one bit of advice. Next time countersink the holes for the nails and plug them. Your project will have a much more professional appearance.
Authentic pallets would never have countersunk and plugged nail holes. A true craftsman would only use staples, the way the good lord intended pallets to be made.

A true craftsman would only use staples, the way the good lord intended pallets to be made.

Euro pallet spec is 78 nails, no more, no less.

staples or nails are allowed on US pallets as long as they conform to the minimum required connector density specified in table 5, on pg 18 of the "UNIFORM STANDARD FOR WOOD PALLETS" from the National Wooden Pallet and Container Association...

As best as I can tell from historical deconstruction most manufacturers take "minimum required connector density" to mean "hold down the trigger and keep going until you can't fit in any more nails".

Interestingly the spec requires unsharpened or at least blunt nails to minimize splitting... Something to think about I guess... the old square nails ride again in spiral form...

The four way pallet that can be lifted from any side wasn't patented until 1945!

Why do you make me look this stuff up!?!?!!?! 🙄

Euro pallet spec is 78 nails, no more, no less.

staples or nails are allowed on US pallets as long as they conform to the minimum required connector density specified in table 5, on pg 18 of the "UNIFORM STANDARD FOR WOOD PALLETS" from the National Wooden Pallet and Container Association...

As best as I can tell from historical deconstruction most manufacturers take "minimum required connector density" to mean "hold down the trigger and keep going until you can't fit in any more nails".

Interestingly the spec requires unsharpened or at least blunt nails to minimize splitting... Something to think about I guess... the old square nails ride again in spiral form...

The four way pallet that can be lifted from any side wasn't patented until 1945!

Why do you make me look this stuff up!?!?!!?! 🙄
I think it is wonderful that you looked this stuff up. I like knowing facts like this even though people will just roll their eyes when you spout them at a cocktail party..

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them as Jeopardy questions sometime soon. :p