It's in the Pot

Gotta love that InstantPot! Just finished a pot roast. Straight from the freezer and done in 90 minutes. Keeps it warm all day, so you can prep early and go about your business until it's time to eat.:bliss:

Gotta love that InstantPot! Just finished a pot roast. Straight from the freezer and done in 90 minutes. Keeps it warm all day, so you can prep early and go about your business until it's time to eat.:bliss:
I sear a roast in a skillet, deglaze the skillet and put it in a slow cooker for the day with beef broth, carrots, and celery. The slow cooking enhances the flavors. Does the Instant Pot create the same flavors in shorter time?

I sear a roast in a skillet, deglaze the skillet and put it in a slow cooker for the day with beef broth, carrots, and celery. The slow cooking enhances the flavors. Does the Instant Pot create the same flavors in shorter time?
Short answer is, IMHO, yes. We have a slow cooker also and the missus prefers it for some things, but the Instant pot gets the same flavor in a shorter time and has her converted. It will sear the meat so you can de-glaze and then pressure cook it and then you can either serve it or keep it warm, or even slow cook it some more.

EDIT: If you get one, get one big enough to hold a chicken, and buy an aftermarket non-stick insert and lid, plus the rack to hard boil eggs. Hard boiled eggs in the InstantPot using the 5/5/5 method are the easiest to peel ever, and I've tried HBE's every way possible.

Short answer is, IMHO, yes. We have a slow cooker also and the missus prefers it for some things, but the Instant pot gets the same flavor in a shorter time and has her converted. It will sear the meat so you can de-glaze and then pressure cook it and then you can either serve it or keep it warm, or even slow cook it some more.
Thank you, Ted. :thumb:

I like the idea of making the process take fewer pans, dishes, etc., and so does Bobbie!

If you're going to use my dishes, I should at least be invited to the dinner. :D
:thumb::thumb:
you don't need an invite , just come on bye, I have an open door for any of my woodworking family.

Thank you, Ted. :thumb:

I like the idea of making the process take fewer pans, dishes, etc., and so does Bobbie!
They even have models that include an air fryer lid so you can brown the meat after it been cooked in the pressure pot, simply change the lids and put on the air fryer lid for 10 or 15 minutes . My sister has one and does it all the time.