Friday 16Dec22

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Usual stuff around here. I'll do a couple of steps on some small shelves, then Bobbie and I will drive to Boston for shrimp and catfish. This afternoon will consist of a good nap, then light the fireplace since we're getting some cold weather finally!

Saturday will hopefully be final steps on the little shelves so they'll be ready to give to our neighbors who are preparing a nursery for their first child.

Sunday will start, as usual, with me preparing brunch, after which I'll get the fireplace re-stoked and do absolutely nothing the remainder of the day!!!

Have to run a couple of errands later this morning after enough coffee is in my system. Going to do some more organizing in the shop area this afternoon I think. Friend of mine is supposed to be bringing 4 or 5 decent trunk cuts off of a hackberry tree later this afternoon. After that I might just goof off the rest of the day and watch monster movies with the poochies.

Feeling rudderless today. I am basically complete with a major project (Temp Pottery Studio) that has been driving me for a while. Just waiting on the wife to organize some things in there before I can complete it by assembling some shelving and other equipment for her. Just need to settle on the next project to start and get motivated for it.

Pickleball today and Sunday with a snow hike or two thrown in there. Need to get my XC ski's over to the local outdoor store to get bindings put on. Probably have some organization of tools and materials left over from my last project. I am sure the wife will find something for me to do.

My company xmas party was last night, my wife's is today, doing a family (brothers/sister) party tomorrow for the first time in 3 years. One brother already had to cancel as my SIL has covid. My daughter called this morning and both the grand daughters are sick. So much for trying to get everyone together. :rolleyes: :)

We'll stop by Menards and pickup a replacement microwave and install it this next week. I also have to get the camper winterized and closed up, then finish up moving the main feed in the garage over to the new panel to get the cnc running.

Last minute Christmas shopping and turning a few more gnomes. Need recommendation for a clear weather resistant finish for some canes and hiking sticks I'm working on. Jealous of folks cranking up their fireplaces. I really miss ours at this time of year, but the wife's asthma can't handle even a little bit of smoke. Chopping firewood is soothing therapy. There appear to be some electric inserts that simulate a fire so maybe that is the answer.

Last minute Christmas shopping and turning a few more gnomes. Need recommendation for a clear weather resistant finish for some canes and hiking sticks I'm working on. Jealous of folks cranking up their fireplaces. I really miss ours at this time of year, but the wife's asthma can't handle even a little bit of smoke. Chopping firewood is soothing therapy. There appear to be some electric inserts that simulate a fire so maybe that is the answer.
Cast it to the TV or if your tv has a youtube app.

zero projects, the shop is vacuumed and cleaned up.
no family plans this weekend. no dinner plans, no nothing, nada.
next weekend gets busy, and then we travel from xmas day till new years eve.
its not like we are sitting around doing nothing. my grandson here is like a fulltime job times 3.

my nieghbor, first time in over 30 years Im here, didnt put any of his elaborate outdoor xmas decorations this year, and I know he is suffering with health problems.
I went over there yesterday and told him Ill do it all, he just needs to direct me as to where to put them.
but his pride wont let him let anyone helpl him....not his adult children, not me, not his wife, not his friends......Ive never hung xmas decorations or lights outside but figured how hard could it be....Ill ask him again later...but I think hes too stubborn.....he is the nicest person on this planet.

Been fighting headaches and nausea all week. Taking the weekend off. Monday is start of Christmas break and have some trees down that need to be repackaged into firewood.
Did you email your headaches out... been fighting one since Wednight and last night had the shivers... it wasn't cold here so no accounting for the shivers... still got remnants of the headache this morning.

Hate those feel bad posts. Woke up the othe rnight feeling kinda sickly with side hurting. Last night woke up nauseous and right side hurt pretty good. Have appointment today to check it out. Hope not appendicitis. Wife's mad cause I didn't tell her sooner. But she doesn't tell me her aches and pains either so I said tit for tat and she belted me. Hope everyone else is healthy.
David

Did you email your headaches out... been fighting one since Wednight and last night had the shivers... it wasn't cold here so no accounting for the shivers... still got remnants of the headache this morning.

Didn't try to. Haven't eaten supper with mom all week, trying to keep it away from her. Final exams this Thursday and Friday. Trying to get them made, get them done and grading some at school as well as running a new bus route. Been busy. Hope all are well.

Pretty low-key weekend planned here. We might put up a few more Christmas decorations inside the house...LOML hasn't been feeling too well, so the decorating has been pretty minimal this year. (I don't dare put any up without her involvement, lol.)

The new Grizzly grinding wheel arrived yesterday for my Tormek, so I'll be trying to get that all put back together this weekend. I had to remove the shaft completely from the grinder in an effort to get all the various rusted pieces apart. The rust has now been removed and the affected parts have a couple of fresh coats of Rustoleum on them. The diameter of the Tormek shaft is a few thousandths smaller than the plastic bushing on the wheel, so I might have to get creative to get a good tight fit between the two. I think a couple of wraps of electrical tape will work just fine. Once I get the Tormek working again, I'd like to turn a few gnomes to give away to friends and neighbors.

And as always, I have some guitar practice and guitar rig tweaking I'd like to do. I also need to get one of my guitars on the bench and see why one of the pickups isn't working. That particular guitar has been out of commission for a year or so, but I'd like to start using it at gigs again.

Hate those feel bad posts. Woke up the othe rnight feeling kinda sickly with side hurting. Last night woke up nauseous and right side hurt pretty good. Have appointment today to check it out. Hope not appendicitis. Wife's mad cause I didn't tell her sooner. But she doesn't tell me her aches and pains either so I said tit for tat and she belted me. Hope everyone else is healthy.
David

she was just giving you something to complain about, the way I look at it these days, if Im vertical and able to leave my house for whatever, Im happy.