Hey people remember this forum? First I was hoping to see if Cleve has done any more with his build...Been over a year.

Second, is a question. I wheeled my Senior out the other day and ran through the only Christmas roll I have. I have to say my organ has sat probably over a year and to me and my wife (she clapped) it sounded good, in tune. I have friend that built a Busker and his is played far more often because he feels it is not good to let them sit. His always has to be re-tuned. I do not know why unless, I got a better fit on the plugs in my pipes? I'm just curious. Or could be the wood used to make the pipes.

Each your at Christmas I get the urge to take my organ to the local grocery store, stand next to the bell ringer and play. I think it would help get more attention.. and maybe more donations. But every year I let it pass. Just too shy I guess. But I know people get so use to the bell that it is just background noise that hey ignore.

I've been getting to at least one Carousel Organ Association of America (COAA) event per year. Sometimes two. I feel at times I'm looked down at (from other organ owners) because I don't have a $10,000.00 organ but money cannot buy the pride I feel when people stop to talk with me because I hand built my organ. My organs sound very good. Ok, I'll admit the $10,000.00 organs sound great and I would love to have one but that is a lot of money. Money cannot buy pride and I'm very proud of what I built.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6142.JPG
    IMG_6142.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 26
Hey people remember this forum? First I was hoping to see if Cleve has done any more with his build...Been over a year.

Second, is a question. I wheeled my Senior out the other day and ran through the only Christmas roll I have. I have to say my organ has sat probably over a year and to me and my wife (she clapped) it sounded good, in tune. I have friend that built a Busker and his is played far more often because he feels it is not good to let them sit. His always has to be re-tuned. I do not know why unless, I got a better fit on the plugs in my pipes? I'm just curious. Or could be the wood used to make the pipes.

Each your at Christmas I get the urge to take my organ to the local grocery store, stand next to the bell ringer and play. I think it would help get more attention.. and maybe more donations. But every year I let it pass. Just too shy I guess. But I know people get so use to the bell that it is just background noise that hey ignore.
Sounds like his stoppers are not tight enough or the voicing is off. The one I used to play all the time and went to art fests for 12 year never needed to be tuned again after the build.

I like you, I have wanted to take Topsy to be a bell ringer but never have. Seems like something always comes up

I feel at times I'm looked down at (from other organ owners) because I don't have a $10,000.00 organ but money cannot buy the pride I feel when people stop to talk with me because I hand built my organ.
Just think of the time and effort and research and materials you put into that organ and I bet it's worth way more than 10k!

Tom didn't bring his to our Gathering, but if I remember correctly he had it at Larry's Gathering. :dunno:
Yes, I brought my first one to a gathering at Larry's. I have since built a second one (31 note). It is more of a custom built organ.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3844.jpg
    IMG_3844.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6404 (2).JPG
    IMG_6404 (2).JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 14
My latest musical instrument I've acquired is a 20 note "Concertina". I ordered this last fall from a guy in Germany that custom makes these. He takes a stock concertina and installs a midi system inside. So all I have to do to squeeze it open and closed to the beat of the music. It also has the capability to sync with other instruments on the same radio frequency which is the main reason I got one. When at the organ events there may be several others with these and it is very cool to hear 4, 5, 6 of these all playing at the same time. It is my understanding that there are only about 15 or so of these here in the USA. It was quite the headache to get this through the customs process and shipped here but it finally arrived and it plays great.
Here is a short video of what it sounds like.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 4
My latest musical instrument I've acquired is a 20 note "Concertina". I ordered this last fall from a guy in Germany that custom makes these. He takes a stock concertina and installs a midi system inside. So all I have to do to squeeze it open and closed to the beat of the music. It also has the capability to sync with other instruments on the same radio frequency which is the main reason I got one. When at the organ events there may be several others with these and it is very cool to hear 4, 5, 6 of these all playing at the same time. It is my understanding that there are only about 15 or so of these here in the USA. It was quite the headache to get this through the customs process and shipped here but it finally arrived and it plays great.
Here is a short video of what it sounds like.
Very cool!