Dog Attack! 😀

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, the carnage!
DSC_1822-TL - 800.jpg
Got to shoot a few more puppy pics on Sunday. This week they start going to their new homes, so this was the last chance to get them all. Finally got a photo with all eight of them in the frame.
DSC_1753-TL - 800.jpg
Took individual portraits of each pup, too. Here's a few out of the many.
DSC_1693-TL - 800.jpg

DSC_1667-TL - 800.jpg

DSC_1709-TL - 800.jpg

DSC_1742-TL - 800.jpg

DSC_1740-TL - 800.jpg

DSC_1772-TL - 800.jpg

DSC_1780-TL - 800.jpg

DSC_1827-TL - 800.jpg

Last edited:
That one on your wife's chest staring straight into the eyes of her shirt, bet that will grow up to be a focused/on task dog. Pups, if they don't bring a smile to your face, something wrong with you. Great photos. Wish we would have done that with each litter when the girls were raising pups to sell.

When your wife is having a play with them, watch the closely. One of them will pick your wife.
How do I know this..when I got my first LAB, I was having a great time, playing with 12 puppies, and the wife was watching the pups. One was following me all around the yard. That became mine. BTW..my wife is a 'dog whisperer'., she has that something. She gave that trait to my youngest daughter..she is a 'horse whisperer'. It's uncanny.

have fun

When your wife is having a play with them, watch the closely. One of them will pick your wife.
LOL, as tempting as it might have been, we passed on the offer to take one. (My friend was trying really had to convince us.) We're both too old, tired, and crippled to deal with training a new puppy the right way and giving it the attention it needs. Also, our dog Sunny is an old man too, and he really prefers to be a solo act. It would wreck his world if we brought home a puppy. We turned down an offer for a free year-old Malinois a couple of years ago for the same reasons. That said, my wife and the runt of this litter bonded for sure. That's the one in the green basket, and it's also in the photo of my wife sitting on the lawn.) Fortunately, we'll get to watch some of them grow up. My bandmate Jeff owns the dad, and he's keeping one of the males. Jeff's sister will be taking one of the females. (She also owns another Golden that was a pup from a litter Jeff had a few years ago.) Sue, the owner of the mom, is keeping one or two as well. And Jeff dog-sits for his sister and Sue from time to time, so we'll be able to watch them all grow up.

And my wife is indeed a dog whisperer, and dogs tend to gravitate to her. A few days ago we were both out running errands in separate cars. I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things and looked up the aisle and saw a lady with a dog with a small group of people around her. A second or so later I noticed my wife was bent over petting it. :rolleyes: :D I walked up and asked the dog's owner "Excuse me ma'am, is this lady harassing you? Do you need me to call security?" :rofl: Today we were at Lowe's together and as usual, she decided to go look at the yard and garden stuff while I was looking for plumbing parts with one of the employees. As she walked away I said "Don't worry, I'll find you. All I have to do is look for someone with a dog and you'll be there." The guy helping me in the plumbing department got a kick out of that, especially when I told him the story about the grocery store incident, lol.

Understand about the reticence to taking a puppy.... when we went to get Harley about 10 or 11 years back, he was to be Dianne's dog for her to train... I didn't want to go through that again with a new pup... she got sick, hospitalized and Harley bonded with me.... not properly trained and now my primary job is as the doggy doorman .... he wants out, he wants in, then he wants a treat, if we sit at a table he's sure we're eating and supposed to feed him off the table, otherwise he sits and begs until we're done.... whether we're eating or not.

We had been looking for a 1 to 2 year old to adopt, but Jan fell in love with the pic of Fletcher. At 6 months he is a handful to be sure. The parallels of raising a puppy and having a toddler in the house are not far off the mark. It keeps us septuagenarians quite busy. My pedometer tell me I now walk about 2.5 miles a day! On the up side, he is VERY bright and training is progressing well.