Part for old Craftsman router model # 315.77380 needed

Debra Bishop

Hello! I bought a Craftsman Commercial Router (it's old) model 315.77380 from Marketplace on Facebook. I later learned that the pinion on the height adjustment assembly is not only worn down, but cracked. Might anyone have that model collecting dust and want to sell me that part? Also, the on/off button does not work, the thing just turns on when I plug it in. This can't be right, is it? MANY MANY THANKS!

Hi Debra, and welcome to the forum. :wave: My first router was a Craftsman, and I believe it might have been the same model. Unfortunately, I handed it down to someone else years ago. Frank's generous offer above might be the easiest solution for you.
Check this link ; https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model/4ls917dbnl-000247/craftsman-31517380-router-parts

It looks like your part number might actually be 315.17380
Unfortunately the listings for both the pinion and the switch say "The manufacturer no longer makes this part, and there's no substitute part".

How much is it worth there are a couple Craftsman routers on ebay that are that model number. This is the cheapest one. I am also wondering that that part from a newer model might work, they do not change everything. Or maybe a different brand. this on says make offer. who knows might get a replacement router for around $30 and you may have spar parts in case something goes wrong with this one. Of coarse shipping costs hurt things.

How much is it worth there are a couple Craftsman routers on ebay that are that model number. This is the cheapest one. I am also wondering that that part from a newer model might work, they do not change everything. Or maybe a different brand. this on says make offer. who knows might get a replacement router for around $30 and you may have spar parts in case something goes wrong with this one. Of coarse shipping costs hurt things.

Hi Paul, thank you so much for checking ebay. It looks so much nicer than the one I bought, however, a bit pricey. I found another one on FB selling for $25. I am not sure if other models use the same part, I would have to take their assembly apart to check and see if it's the same size. Nowhere can I find the actual part #. Much appreciated, Debra