Recent content by allen levine

1. A

american born kids and their work ethic

I didnt say all, some kids are raised correctly, some kids are just good people.....I used to force my son at a young age, maybe 11 or 12 to go into manhattan with me on sunday mornings to imp;orters, where Id p;urchase merchandise, and make him help me carry it to store, p;rice it up......he...
  2. A

american born kids and their work ethic

In preparation that hopefully we move in a year or so, i needed to start somewhere, so I decided to clean out the 4 foot crawlspace under my house. beach chairs, golf bag and clubs, bins and bins of books, tapes, 1960 excercise bike, 3 busted up old bicycles, and 100s of other items, you get the...
  3. A

Friday after Turkey Day

get busy buddy.
  4. A

Friday after Turkey Day

drove 1000 miles the past 2 days had a quarter pounder with fries for thanksgiving. nothing open near hotel last night. I slept in enough uncomfortable hotel beds, cant wait to sleep in my bed tonight. on a positive note, we did get to see all my siblings at the wedding in nashville, all my...
  5. A

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy thanksgiving to everyone Since I'm not flying right now me and elen had to be in Nashville for wedding last saturday My grandson daughter and son in law all got covid over the past 2 weeks ago so we didn't have to babysit and decided to stay down south this week in Cherokee nc Tonight on...
  6. A

Friday 11Nov22 Veteran's Day

and my son in law came home from work today feeling crappy, slight fever, tired, he tested, and ofcourse its positive. so it ran its course in that house, Id stay home from nashville trip tomorrow and take the baby but they wont let me, I know already. covid really stinks Im glad everyone here...
  7. A

stinkin covid.....while my daughter is starting to feel better, they managed to test the baby yesterday and he came back positive. he doesnt seem too sick, a runny nose and cold symptoms....Im glad he was vacinnated.
  8. A

Not sure why they are such a big hit every year but keep getting requests This year I tried gluing up 8/4 sapele blade would not go smoothly thru 6 inches of sapele so I gave up and purchased Spanish cedar 6.96 a bf for 8/4 So the big ones cost me approx 14 dollars and I can get 2 per bf on the...
  9. A

First I'd like to thank all active and retired men and women who served our country Now as far as another friday We are still not doing much as we are still in the wait zone with covid to make sure we don't get sick after spending time with my daughter last weekend I'm out in shop cutting...
  10. A

Friday 4Nov22

she looks worse today, I just called her husband and told him I dont care how insistant she is, he needs to stay home tomorrow and let her stay off her feet and rest. I want to get the baby, they wont let us, fearing the baby would get us sick.
  11. A

My Version of the Nosy/Whiny Neighbor

I feel the pain. I lived next to the worst human being on planet earth , well. at least until they finally moved a bit over a year ago. Im not going to go into all the nonsense, other than to say he had run ins with at least 6 other neighbors.....he wastn confrontional, he was a spineless piece...
  12. A

Friday 4Nov22

she went for pcr test today and the clinic doctor told her she needed to go right to ER and get infusion....her cough is getting worse and even though she was feeling a bit better, the persistant cough is bothering her back she called the baby doc and she also told get over to er for treatment...
  13. A

Friday 4Nov22

her b aby doc told her there is limited data on how the infusions effect the unb orn child.....and recommended she waits 24 hours, if she gets alot worse, she wont have a choice....very confusing info. my sil will stay home and tend to the baby until she feels better or do whatever needs to be...
  14. A

Friday 4Nov22

my wife went out with some women last week, first one womans husband got covid, then she did, the other woman with them got covid, she just called. we dropped the baby off yesterday afternoon because he was running low grade fever and not a happy camper and my daughter wanted him home so she...
  15. A

Friday 4Nov22

I had a full day planned. elen had a quilt show today in mineola ny of all places....so I decided while Im home alone......but due to a bad night last night.....just one of those old age nights where sleep was tuff to find.....I couldnt get my engines running. so basically I did absolutely...