Amy Reineri's latest activity

• Amy Reineri
    Amy Reineri replied to the thread Lots of Vertical Space.
    This is fabulous! My concentration in college was in historic preservation - did you take advantage of barn restoration grants and tax...
  • Amy Reineri
    Amy Reineri reacted to Jonathan Shively's post in the thread Lots of Vertical Space with Like Like.
    Peter, what a mammoth project! That man lift has to be your best investment on this project. Safety is paramount and that man lift has...
  • Amy Reineri
    HA-HA-HA! Well then, let me share this DESIGN FLAW in case anyone heads down this road. The handscrews are fine. The Rockler clamping...
  • Amy Reineri
    Thanks everyone. I factored a lot of your suggestions in and ended up here. First I should mention that I don't know how I got along...
  • Amy Reineri
    I stored them on a length of knotted rope in an out of the way corner in the old shop. This worked great. I have over-planned the...
  • Amy Reineri
    Amy Reineri reacted to Don Baer's post in the thread How Do You Store Your Handscrews? with Like Like.
    I just clamp mine to the front of a shelft that I have mounted to the wall to hold other stuff.
  • Amy Reineri
    Amy Reineri replied to the thread A Flax Wheel.
    In most wheels, the turnings on the whorl (sheaves) side maiden are trimmed back to allow the whorl to sit closer to the leather...
  • Amy Reineri
    Amy Reineri reacted to Ryan Mooney's post in the thread A Flax Wheel with Like Like.
    Hey Dave, I have ~4~ of those in my living room (depending on how you count.. one is in need of much work, one isn't actually a flax...
  • Amy Reineri
    Amy Reineri reacted to Dave Richards's post in the thread A Flax Wheel with Like Like.
    Well, here's another work in progress. This is for a new plan for an old-fashioned spinning wheel. I'm working from information I found...
  • Amy Reineri
    You can get 'Selected Canadian spinning wheels in perspective' as an e-book for $16 from the University of Ottawa Press and it is...
  • Amy Reineri
    The Amos book has a lot of information on processing the fiber and it's an expensive book. However, there is the book about Canadian...
  • Amy Reineri
    Yes, the names are all wrong for the parts of a spinning wheel. The thing on the far side of the bobbin from the flyer is called the...