Recent content by Bill Simpson

1. Bill Simpson

Article: Boardfoot Calculations

You can view the page at http://familywoodworking.org/forums/content.php?115-Boardfoot-Calculations
  2. Bill Simpson

What a day for a daydream

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiest out of you. Someone said that somewhere and boy is it true. Another wonderful day in Paradise an Indian summer day, sunny and bright-everything's right.:D Wshing you all the happiness you deserve:wave: Negative people of the...
  3. Bill Simpson

Getting ready to bug you again

For my birthday, the kids bought me voice recognition software called Dragon so I can speak and let it type for me. So, beware, I may send be posting responses as soon as I learn how to use it.:wave: It's been a long time since I've posted and just of late have I been lurking. Hope I don't...
  4. Bill Simpson

a wonderful day

sunday was most wonderful. the lord blessed us with a perfect fall day, and me with wonderfully loyal friends.. 6 of my friends came over and painted the trim and windows of my home. my son mentioned at our fishing club meeting that i was worried about the needing paint, and they cooked...
  5. Bill Simpson

Question on a Bug

Got any idea what this critter is... currently resides in a Box Elder stump.. ( no, not a Box Elder Beetle, they have red bands.)
  6. Bill Simpson

Razor Handles

A while back, I remember seeing posts where fellows were turning Corian handles for Razors. As I am experiencing great difficulty performing that daily task, due to the combination of ALS & RA, Last couple of times I thought of this whilst struggling to scrape hair & leave skin intact. What...
  7. Bill Simpson

hristmas Mud Pack

My heart's out to all you Cal. Mud slingers. what a way to face the Holidays. Beats our snow... At least the snow will just "go away"... Merry Christmas to one & all
  8. Bill Simpson

Need Cincinnati help here

As i have said, my ALS is such I can't do any WWing, Which leaves my freind and his Antique wood car in a bind. I was in the process of making new windows for him when my condition worsened so I am at stand still. What I am looking for is a WWer in the Cincinnati area who would like a...
  9. Bill Simpson

Another New Tool

With my hands turning into Paws, first thing I notice in the mornings is my inability to button & zip my pants. (Although women may find it exciting, the world is not ready for that, yet) Went to a local Pharmacy that deals with handicapp equipment and purchased this buttoner thingy...
  10. Bill Simpson

Hey, you guys... & gals

I do so appreciate the notes of great concern from each of you (really shows this to be a true "Family" of WWers. :thumb: However, What I have is a condition, I have been doing fine for the past 12 years with a heart condition, I have done well the past 46 years with a handicapping...
  11. Bill Simpson

Results are in

Good news is "Now We Know" but the bad news is ALS... So it seems my WWing days are numbered, and the list of unfinished projects is too.
  12. Bill Simpson

Good news/bad news

In need of firewood and with my condition i opted to Buy some wood. A friend called and said there was a sign "$60 truck load seasoned wood" So I called and they said "as much as you can pile on" Last night my son & I went to pick it up. Filled my F150 to the max. (my son is very frugle and...
  13. Bill Simpson

Felt like working today

Geeze, been almost a week sinse I was making messes in the shop :( Today I spent the afternoon setting up and slicing slots in the 3/8" slats I made last time, you said you wanted to see the jigs so... Nothing special, as I know you have done the same from time to time... Featherboards to...
  14. Bill Simpson

WWing with Paws

I guess being a Pa Paw gives me experience, but lately I have had some problems, about 3 months ago I started loosing control of my hands and my arms legs and back hae been getting weaker. Dropped 25 pounds w/o trying. I can grip somewhat with my fingers but not thumbs and can't easily open a...
  15. Bill Simpson

Bending wood.

Got a question for the more wise and experienced amung us...:wave: The other night a fellow and I were enjoying a rare evening outside, discussing world problems, etc. He told me of a remodel problem where he had curved walls on his houseboat. He said he went to Barnes & Nobel and found a...