Recent content by Brett Luna

1. Brett Luna

More Culprits Spotted: From the Backyard Game Cam

We also have a robin's nest on top of a security light, right outside of our back door.
  2. Brett Luna

We've had one or two small ones try to get into the bird feeder...unsuccessfully: But mostly, we have American red squirrels (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus): We also have Northern flying squirrels (Glaucomys sabrinus yukonensis). I recommend running this full screen to catch all the action.
  3. Brett Luna

Heh...I captured a cow and her calf this past winter and it was all legs, as well. I've been thinking about putting another game cam out for a wider shot.
  4. Brett Luna

So there I was sitting in my driveway a few days back, having a cigar and an adult beverage when I saw a black bear ambling towards me. So, I did what any red-blooded American old fart would do. I stood up, shook my fist in the air, and yelled at him to get the hell outta my driveway. He...
  5. Brett Luna

the culprit has been spotted!!

Took me a minute, as well. Moose are way easier to spot.
  6. Brett Luna

Favorite Router Table Lift???

Good move! Food for future thought: in case you haven't seen it, here's a link to the Mast-R-Lift II MagnaLOCK Conversion Kit. I upgraded last year and love it. I see that JessEm has a 10-pc insert set available, whereas Incra offers an 8-pc set. However, Incra's largest insert opening looks...
  7. Brett Luna

Favorite Router Table Lift???

That lift gives a lot bang for the buck but it should be noted that it won't accommodate the PC75182. It's limited to 3½" motor housings. When I built my router table, I bit the bullet and got the Mast-R-Lift II, even though I didn't have the PC75182 yet. I wanted the option of getting one...
  8. Brett Luna

Which Term Do You Use?

Mmmmmm...made from fresh squeezed bears.
  9. Brett Luna

Back in the saddle with another box

Thanks, gents. I finished up with three coats of clear rattle can shellac, some satin acrylic lacquer, and a coat of paste wax. So to tie this thread up:
  10. Brett Luna

In the past couple of shop sessions, I got the hinges and finger lift done. After a bit of fine sanding, it'll be time for finish.
  11. Brett Luna

Thanks, gents. I also agree about how the lid is going to look but I have to admit that I've already popped it a little. I don't want the maple to go so amber but I thought the lacewood could benefit from some BLO. I applied it to the flat surfaces before assembly and to the curved top...
  12. Brett Luna

A First Jewelry Box...

Nice boxes, indeed, Mike. I’m not a professional photographer but I certainly agree. Photographers (and lighting manufacturers, etc.) assign light a color temperature that indicates tint that can affect the white balance in a recorded image. Perhaps counterintuitively, a higher temp is cooler...
  13. Brett Luna

Maybe I can blame it on the COVID blues and getting used to teleworking full time, because something seemed to have really sapped my motivation to spend time in the shop. However, The Wife asked for another pet urn box, this time for her half sister's pup. She only just connected with her last...
  14. Brett Luna

Gift Card Glue Spreader

Nice trick. I save my gift/reward cards, too but I have a pair of pinking shears that makes a quick edge. OSFA, though.
  15. Brett Luna

Well, crap...

...crappity-crap-crap-crap. Got a call from my rheumatologist the other day telling me that my recent, regular blood work came back positive for TB. I'm asymptomatic so my guess is that it's latent and not active but I'm waiting a call from the doc about the results of follow-up chest films.