Recent content by Brian McMillan

1. Brian McMillan

Another car thread

Here is a story about a local company that I had no idea of it's existence but then again why would I know being fresh out of 300SL gullwing coupes. I wonder if they would look at my 2009 Ranger...
  2. Brian McMillan

The time has come

I'm almost 75 now and still fairly active. I get up on the 2nd floor roof of my house twice a year to clean the chimney, cut and split around 6 cords of wood and do all my own maintenance around our 4 acre property but I have a neighbour who makes me look like a baby. Linda will be 98 in...
  3. Brian McMillan

metal lathe work

Maybe you could make a coupling nut work. Cut down the length or drill it out part way down to sleeve over part of the shaft to reduce the length.
  4. Brian McMillan

Up in smoke

The world's largest burl was apparently deliberately set on fire. What possesses some people? https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/port-mcneill-landmark-burl-burns-7019455
  5. Brian McMillan

Wood Problems

Put a damp towel (not soaking wet) on the concave side then iron it for a while with a hot iron. I use mine on the steam setting. Clamp cauls across and leave it over night. You may have to do it a few times.
  6. Brian McMillan

Just sharing a few recipes

One Sunday evening around 7 pm my at the time 7 year old grandson and I were heading to a nearby drugstore for a junk food fix when when we stopped at a traffic light at a pretty major intersection and lo and behold manna from heaven right in front of us laying smack dab in the middle of the...
  7. Brian McMillan

Views of the creek

Here in BC you would probably be busted for monkeying with a water course. I have a creek running through my place and a neighbor behind me altered it it to create a pond in his yard, a small detour. He was heavily fined and had to remediate to alteration. Nobody complained but fisheries keep a...
  8. Brian McMillan

Can You Imagine

Two years ago my 12 year old grandson was throwing a ball against a rock wall and catching the rebounds on the driveway between my house and his house when a good sized black bear sauntered down the hill and walked right behind him, maybe 15 feet away and then went back into the bush. We often...
  9. Brian McMillan

How would you make this?

Thumbnail table edge bit
  10. Brian McMillan

Car company with my name

Nice looking heap Vaughn Not many of those roadsters left. I inherited my ride from the clan chief Old Rickets McMillan.
  11. Brian McMillan

Cynthia White

For anyone interested member Cynthia White has an article published in Canadian Woodworking newsletter this month. Here is the link...
  12. Brian McMillan

Guitars are good but

Guitars are good but there's just something about a good piano boogie. http://www.flixxy.com/boogie-woogie-twins-dr-john-and-jools-holland.htm
  13. Brian McMillan

My really weird morning surprise

Got up this morning and found this in the refrigerator. I have no explanation for this. It is completely baffling. Barb says we will be wondering until we die. Maybe I should start paying attention to Ancient Aliens. Anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this? I can't stop looking at this...
  14. Brian McMillan

Escherian Stairwell

OK all you engineers, How do they do this?! Escherian Stairwell at the Rochester Institute of Technology in New York . Four minutes well spent watching this one. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4146234873383&set=vb.1809138075&type=2&theater
  15. Brian McMillan

A nice chunk of wood

I think you better give the body shop a call Vaughn. Your truck is ready. I saw it today If it's not 100% you can use mine.