Charles Lent's latest activity

• Charles Lent
    Charles Lent replied to the thread I need a hair cut.
    Got mine done today at 1:00. There was so much hair on the floor that I commented about them maybe needing to bale it tonight, and they...
  • Charles Lent
    Bill, A Unifence has a carriage that rides along a single front rail and locks in place with one lever. There are adjustment screws on...
  • Charles Lent
    I was a licensed electrician (Actually EE) Automation Engineer, plant safety, and fire marshal for a 3.8 million sq ft manufacturing and...
  • Charles Lent
    I mow my lawn like that. Charley
  • Charles Lent
    Charles Lent replied to the thread Radial arm saw question.
    Damian, welcome to our sawdust pile. We like to help, so don't hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one not asked...
  • Charles Lent
    A sure sign that your mask isn't protecting you. The cheap ones (not very cheap now) don't have an adequate sized wire in them to allow...
  • Charles Lent
    Charles Lent replied to the thread Bad Collet ??? - Solved.
    Another thing that I do now, thanks to Marc Sommerfeld, is to place a rubber grommet or "O" Ring in the router shaft below the collet...
  • Charles Lent
    Charles Lent replied to the thread Bad Collet ??? - Solved.
    Normally, the nut snaps onto the groove in the collet and stays with the collet. Some even have a snap ring to keep the nut attached to...
  • Charles Lent
    With a smaller table saw, it's usually the fence that gives the most trouble and the desire for a better saw. If the fence is...
  • Charles Lent
    Being as closely tied to a "wood Burner" replica as I am (see avatar) I have to comment that your photo choice for a wood burning steam...
  • Charles Lent
    I have a buddy with very little hair on top. Yesterday he told me he needed a haircut, and I asked "Which one?" He gave me a frown in...
  • Charles Lent
    Charles Lent replied to the thread Climb Cut vs conventional.
    I only climb cut for the last finishing pass, removing very little material. It serves to clean up rough cuts and works well, but it's...
  • Charles Lent
    Charles Lent replied to the thread Sign for the snow birds.
    That's a very nice sign. It should help to make the delivery drivers and emergency responders take notice, but sometimes it takes more...
  • Charles Lent
    Instead of cutting the one block smaller, have you considered shaving the ends of the rest? With an angle grinder, taking a bit off many...
  • Charles Lent
    Make a line where you want to cut it using a hammer and a wide mason's chisel. Just light taps enough to make the line. Continue back...