Recent content by Dan Noren

1. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

i think that is more an accident than intentional. will have to move the blank a touch up for the production runs.
  2. Dan Noren

2024 new advent candle holder design

tried the design on cardboard today. working on refining the design.
  3. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

settled out the designs for the coasters...
  4. Dan Noren

polish sausage mk2

bad news, when they came out of the smoker, there was something wrong. texture was off, so he is going to be making a new batch, this time including some beef, at no extra charge. oh well....
  5. Dan Noren

polish sausage mk2

it is a small mom and pop shop, and i'm sure an order for 15 lbs would be hard to turn down.
  6. Dan Noren

polish sausage mk2

the extra was already ground. the stuffing machine feeds via a piston, pushing the meat up, and there is usually a couple of pounds that don't make it into the casing.
  7. Dan Noren

polish sausage mk2

almost forgot, there was a couple of pounds of meat left over after stuffing, i got one pound, and gave the other to pop.
  8. Dan Noren

polish sausage mk2

a few years back, i had a local meat market make up a batch from a recipe that i had found. they were good, but not quite what i was looking for. this time around, i found a recipe for a garlic polish sausage, and brought the garlic, and spices to the local meat market again. good thing i added...
  9. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

i decided to give engraving cork coasters a try. after testing, i find i am not too fond of the new year one.
  10. Dan Noren

i want one of these for my birthday....

yea! we sell them....
  11. Dan Noren

a work in progress....

hit it with some pledge, and now this one is one for the books.
  12. Dan Noren

a work in progress....

gave the board a coat of blo, and dipped the bases of the pieces in blo. going to give the board a coat of clear shellac tomorrow, to protect the surface.
  13. Dan Noren

a work in progress....

with friday being the last nice day for a while, i got the lasering of the board done.
  14. Dan Noren

something for a customer...

yup, that is his name. he is hmong.
  15. Dan Noren

something for a customer...

a customer and i were talking the other day, and i came up with this idea for a custom challenge coin for him. this is on a 2 inch diameter disk.