Recent content by Dave Minnich

1. Dave Minnich

More Scrap Boxes

Ping... just in case this got overlooked earlier in the thread. [emoji6] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Dave Minnich

More Scrap Boxes

Those look great, Glenn. Do you have any pointers on how you do the router carving? That looks like something I might want to try. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Dave Minnich

Double Celtic Knot 🪢 Rolling pin.

Very nice! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Dave Minnich

Tapatalk not working?

Seems to be working, thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Dave Minnich

Tapatalk not working?

As of this morning, I’m getting the message in the attached screenshot whenever I try to connect via Tapatalk. Anyone else?
  6. Dave Minnich

Hydroponic Garden - UPDATE 29JUL20

Yeah, most of the Mediterranean herbs will take all the heat you can throw at them. I used to grow them surrounded by a gravel mulch in full sun and they ate it up. Thanks. The dill is actually in the pot on the right of the picture. The really big stuff to the left and center is bronze fennel...
  7. Dave Minnich

Hydroponic Garden - UPDATE 29JUL20

Depending on what you plant, that first spot against the wall can be a perfect location for herbs. I have a similar location we are instead of the hydroponics I have a bunch of hanging terra-cotta pots against a brick wall. I’ve got a drip irrigation system on a timer that waters them morning...
  8. Dave Minnich

shop camera question ?

Check out the Wyze cameras and see if they suit your requirements. I think their basic fixed-lens, WiFi camera runs about $20. I've got one of their pannable cameras set up under my eaves as a cheap monitor on our bird bath. Works fine, but the resolution isn't the greatest. Oh, and it...
  9. Dave Minnich

Cellular LTE Internet

I used to do that, but no more. Many/most modern WiFi routers can be configured to pick the best channel dynamically rather than statically selecting one. To me it's always seemed better to go that route, since there's no guarantee that the best channel will remain the same over time. Sent...
  10. Dave Minnich

Walnut oddments

Very nice. Where do you find the tea light inserts? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Dave Minnich

Mobile/tablet users

I was just able to connect using Chrome on an iPhone running iOS 13.3 and saw no pop up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Dave Minnich

Mobile/tablet users

I noticed that, thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Dave Minnich

Mobile/tablet users

Is there any instrumentation in Xenforo that lets us track how many users are actually using Tapatalk vs. the mobile page? Are there not many Tapatalk users, or are they just not seeing this thread? Tapatalk certainly has its problems, but there's a real value to me in having all the forums I...
  14. Dave Minnich

Mobile/tablet users

Any chance of getting you to reconsider this? The first I knew of this conversation was when I went to login on Tapatalk right now and couldn’t get access. (Polls don’t actually show up on the Tapatalk interface.) Looking back through the post history in this thread you didn’t get responses from...
  15. Dave Minnich

Matching new wood to old? (Douglas Fir)

I've got some repairs to do to the balusters of a staircase made from Douglas Fir. The original finish on the fir was oil of some sort, but I don't know what formulation/blend it was. Of course, over time (15 years) the fir has darkened and reddened. As I replace pieces of the old wood I'm...