Recent content by Dave Richards

1. Dave Richards

Now What Do I Do?

Yeah, I do have their tracksaw, a 6" sander which is great for bigger work but too heavy for small stuff and the dust extractor. Nothing really trips my trigger. And I don't really lust after any more tools from anyone these days.
  2. Dave Richards

Now What Do I Do?

Fortunately not the car. Don't know yet about the girlfriends.
  3. Dave Richards

Now What Do I Do?

Larry, I've had it for a few years. It's the smaller one. Vaughn, no guitar. She used to play a Uke but I'm not sure she even knows where it is right now. Well, Bob, I appreciate you looking out for me. ;)
  4. Dave Richards

Now What Do I Do?

You're probably right, Chuck.
  5. Dave Richards

Now What Do I Do?

Leo, that's a good idea. I made her a cutting board last week but she asked why she needed a new cutting board. So far from her comments she doesn't even need me to make something for her. I suggested a new Kapex and she said, "If that's what you want." I've got an idea she's got some ulterior...
  6. Dave Richards

Now What Do I Do?

I got one of those. But I can't sing. I can't carry a tune in a bucket!
  7. Dave Richards

Now What Do I Do?

She laughed at that. I let her read my post just now. She said, "I have expressed interest in them!" I asked "Interest in using them?" She said, "No. I don't want to use them. I just think they are cool."
  8. Dave Richards

Now What Do I Do?

I was out in my shop cleaning. (Seems cleaning always takes more time than messing. :rolleyes:) My wife came out to talk to me and among other things she said, "How come I haven't bought a new Festool for a long time?" I said, "What kind of Festool do you want?" She said, "I don't know. You'll...
  9. Dave Richards

A Maple Cutting Board

Thank you David. And that was the key thing. Not fancy.
  10. Dave Richards

A Maple Cutting Board

Actually I didn't draw it in SketchUp but I thought I would if someone thinks they need printed plans to make one. ;) Thank you.
  11. Dave Richards

A Maple Cutting Board

Stupid simple project but it needed to be done. I finally got tired of our selection of cutting boards. They are either too big or too small. This is roughly 12 x 16 inches. Nothing fancy but it'll do the job. Started with a piece of maple about 6 in. wide planed to 7/8 in. thick. Ripped an edge...
  12. Dave Richards

A Danish Modern Desk

Hi Scott, just wondering if you saw the modification and what you think.
  13. Dave Richards

Any Drone Pilots Here?

I bought a DJI Mavic 2 Pro a couple of years ago. It's quite good but I don't fly it that much. The camera is excellent and it's easy to fly. I expect there are reasonable ones now that are less expensive.
  14. Dave Richards

A Danish Modern Desk

Thank you. I'm glad you found the 91.1° humorous. When I created the model from Mr. Rousseau's full size hand drawn plan, the angle was something that would have been harder to cut. I asked if I could take a few liberties. I think in practice he is making parts to fit what he already has built...
  15. Dave Richards

A Danish Modern Desk

Hi Scott. Your desk looks great! Good job on it. As for the SketchUp model, I didn't find it. I made it. :) It was made to create the printed plans sold through The Taunton Press. Unfortunately, since it was made for them, I'm not at liberty to share the .skp file. How much wider are you...