Recent content by Dave Richards

1. Dave Richards

L. Francis Herreshoff's Drawing Table

Thankee gentlemen. Chuck, the beauty of this table is you can build it in pieces and and assemble it on site. ;)
  2. Dave Richards

L. Francis Herreshoff's Drawing Table

Yesterday I had a request from a retired naval architect for plans from a model I did a long time ago of L. Francis Herreshoff's drawing table. He designed and built this around 1930. The top is 9 feet long and the drawer is designed to hold large sheets of paper and it can be opened from either...
  3. Dave Richards

need to identify this machine...

It looks like a machine for winding twine or something. I wonder what is missing from that square mortise. What is written on the piece of paper?
  4. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

Cool!
  5. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

Electric fences: My brother also found out the hard way why you wait until you've crawled about 6 feet beyond an electric fence before you stand up. He raised up and got the bottom wire in the small of his back. Flattened him right back down into the grass.
  6. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

We had a lawnmower that you killed by stepping on a spring metal tab to short the plug to the block. My brother found out the hard way why you stepped on it with your shoe and didn't press it down with your finger.
  7. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

:LOL::LOL:
  8. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

That's a good way to remember something like that. :D Makes you wish you'd used a lock washer? I wouldn't be surprised if Model Ts had plugs similar to this one.
  9. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

No. It's not a new design. This is a spark plug from about 1915. I know that newer spark plugs are much different in their construction and don't use nuts to secure the wires.
  10. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

11. Dave Richards

Beveled Grooves in center of Plywood

A router with a wedge-shaped base is probably the best bet. Keep in mind it'll leave rounded ends. Clamp the plywood down to a sacrificial piece to prevent chip out on the opposite side.
  12. Dave Richards

is it just me? or is sketchup not working on older versions

Larry, I thought we got this sorted out. At least that's the impression I had from your private messages. I give up. :rolleyes:
  13. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

Charley, the steam engine model is based on plans which are available on the web. The exhaust port is shown. Exhaust is through the center of the exhaust valve.
  14. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

Thank you Bob. I would like to see someone who uses F360 model this thing. I wonder if Don or someone would record a video. I could send them the reference image I worked from.
  15. Dave Richards

Not Really Woodworking

Thank you Vaughn. I hope you were able to pick up some useful techniques and maybe some ideas about workflow.