Recent content by Dave Richards

1. Dave Richards

Learning Some New Woodworking Skills

Time to up your game folks. :D
  2. Dave Richards

Not April Fools - Playing Card Holder for Dad

Nice! I haven't played that game for a hundred years. I wonder if I could get my son interested in that.
  3. Dave Richards

Workbenches

Hi Ken, Ah, Philip Lowe's bench. That would be a good one for a smaller shop. You could easily modify it to have a more traditional top like this.
  4. Dave Richards

A Full House?

What? Are ya a couple a cards short of a full deck? :rofl:
  5. Dave Richards

A Full House?

I probably need to go clean my shop. :D
  6. Dave Richards

corona virus comment

The percentages are low but it would be interesting to have a picture of how those cases were acquired.
  7. Dave Richards

corona virus comment

We're up to about 20 confirmed cases in our county I think. It would be nice if they could get a handle on how these people got it. I get the patient privacy thing but it would be nice to know if there are places we have to avoid. Places that we have to go like the grocery store for food.
  8. Dave Richards

Workbenches

Ken, are you referring to the one with the open base? Thanks you.
  9. Dave Richards

Workbenches

Ryan, I only modeled them the way the authors built them. Being left handed I've often wondered if it would make sense for me to reverse the bench and put the vises on the opposite ends. I probably would just leave them as in the original design, though.
  10. Dave Richards

Workbenches

Thanks Vaughn. Sounds like you have some good stuff to do. I keep thinking I need to go out and do some cleaning in my shop. Then I start wondering about making stupid videos from my old SketchUp models. :D
  11. Dave Richards

Delete

Hit Back in your browser?
  12. Dave Richards

Workbenches

So I was just amusing myself this morning and did this. If you need something to while away a couple of minutes, click on the picture. ;)
  13. Dave Richards

Workbenches

You're right, Ryan. There are sorts of features one can add to a workbench. I imagine if I was going to build one right now, I'd work with these designs and others and make a sort of amalgam of them.
  14. Dave Richards

Workbenches

I was killing some time this morning while I was waiting for the family to get up and pulled together a bunch of the workbenches I've modeled over the years. These were all done for plans for Fine Woodworking Magazine. I didn't bother getting the others involved. I've always thought I should...
  15. Dave Richards

corona virus comment

Well, it took a while but I finally got the results back. Fortunately they were negative but that makes me wonder what I do have instead. I'd like to have a donut but that's not likely. :( Noises about vaccines sounds promising but I would expect availability to the general public is a long way...