Recent content by Dennis Thompson

1. D

Best benchtop router table?

I'd like to get a benchtop router table in the $200-$250 range. Benchdog looks interesting.Can anyone make any suggestions/comments? Thanks Dennis
  2. D

Stud wall screws

I'm putting up a stud wall in my attic using 2 x 4's. I plan to use screws instead of nails, what size screws should I use? Thanks Dennis
  3. D

Rigid granite top saw at Home Depot in NJ-$299

I just left the Home Depot in East Hanover NJ. They have 2 Rigid granite top table saws for $299 each Dennis
  4. D

Harbor Freight bandsaw

Anyone have an opinion of the Harbor Freight bandsaw (the one for about $300) Thanks Dennis (a hobbiest woodworker)
  5. D

Peeling paint on house trim

My house in 3 years old. The exterior trim has peeled in some areas & been touched up once. It is peeling again, any suggestions on the best method and paint (Brand names?)to resolve this problem? Thanks Dennis
  6. D

Glasses fog up

Whenever I wear a dust mask & safety glasses my glasses fog up. Does anyone have any solutions to this? Thanks Dennis
  7. D

Upgrade my Harbor Freight dust collector?

I have the Harbor Freight dust collector, should I upgrade the bags that came with it? if yes what should I use & where do I get them? Any other suggested upgrades? Thanks Dennis
  8. D

Best air filtration system?

I have a dust collector & am now going to add an air filter to my shop(it's 20' x 22' x 9'). Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best one, in the $200-$400 range? Do they usually come with the hangers required to hang them or do you buy them separately? My shop is in my garage with...
  9. D

Best white stain for outdoor treated pine furniture

Can someone suggest the best white stain for outdoor treated pine furniture? Thanks Dennis
  10. D

New Jersey Woodworking Show

I went to the NJ woodworking show in Somerset yesterday (it continues today & tomorrow) & found it to be pretty good. I saw a "V" drum sander at the show that was impressive, has anyone built or used one? Thanks Dennis
  11. D

Can I install a hardwood floor?

Is hardwood flooring something a reasonably handy person can install himself? Thanks Dennis
  12. D

Plans source for a Grandfather clock?

Does anyone know of a good source for plans for a grandfather clock? Thanks Dennis
  13. D

For those who have every tool

In case you missed it & need one desperately there is a 9,500 pound wrecking ball for sale on the NJ craigslist for only $4,500! Owner says it's in very good shape
  14. D

Cold office over unheated Garage

My office is heated with hot air heat, when the heats running it's too hot & when the heat isn't running it's too cold. The office is over an unheated garage. I am thinking about having either electric radiators installed or radiant heating in the floor (which I assume will require removing the...
  15. D

Suggestions for Cherry finish on Pine?

Can someone suggest the best way to put a cherry finish on a pine table? Any recommendations as to specific products would be appreciated. Thanks Dennis