Recent content by fred hargis

1. fred hargis

How far can a face Frame go past the sides of the case?

I'd do Bill's false side trick, it works very well to strengthen the overhang..
  2. fred hargis

Happy Birthday Stuart Ablett!

Best wishes on your trip around the sun!
  3. fred hargis

Maple

There is a shellac called "platinum blonde" that does almost no color, but does seem to bring out the grain...at least to my eyes. I've a pic of a test piece below, on the right side of the blue mark is the platinum shellac. Shellac is colorfast so it won't change over time, but the wood might.
  4. fred hargis

well It done finally

Just when I think my skills are improving, someone posts a pic that raises the bar.:jealous: :rofl:
  5. fred hargis

as if i weren't busy today...

I sure wish I had that much energy (at a younger 73)!
  6. fred hargis

Little Stool for Mom

Hard to imagine she won't be thrilled with it, it's very well done!
  7. fred hargis

I fix it.

There's a surprise for me, I thought only the F150s had the aluminum body. I may have to rethink buying an F250. Anyway, I thought that was a clever and funny solution.
  8. fred hargis

Pfizer Injections Part 2

Congrats.....it provides a level of comfort, at least it did for us.
  9. fred hargis

Happy Birthday Rennie Heuer!

Best to you on your day, Rennie!
  10. fred hargis

Favorite Router Table Lift???

I've had 2 Woodpecker lifts....they are not only my fav but their CS is outstanding (at least it was before Covid).
  11. fred hargis

Taylor tools - 20% off Microjig this weekend

I got that, and have wanted some of the Microjig clamps for some time. This is likely as cheap as I'll see them so I'll probbaly order some.
  12. fred hargis

Maybe someone can help me with this conumdrum

I wasn't confused before, but I'm pretty sure I am now.:huh:
  13. fred hargis

Limbert Bench - Panel Question

You've got it, you approach (in the original post) is the way I would do it.
  14. fred hargis

I'll take 'lawn problems' for $200 Alex...

It happened to me once, though I didn't go that far. In my case I found out the parts that broke (the hanger bolts) were fairly unique and "obsolete".
  15. fred hargis

Not totally flatwork, but.....

Some years ago I bought a lathe though I'm not a turner. I had always planned on doing turnings for my flatwork stuff and somehow just didn't get around to it. A couple of months ago I was reading an issue of PWW from last year (I'm way behind on my magazines) and came across a "William and Mary...