Recent content by Gail O'Rourke

1. Gail O'Rourke

Hometown Woodworking Shop Tour

I was so touched the other day when I received an email from Family Woodworking wishing me a Happy Birthday. What a nice place this is to be. I thought that I would post a link to a video shop tour - I have an upcoming article in Cabinetmaker Magazine - they also did a video tour of me and my...
  2. Gail O'Rourke

Oh Yeah... let's go for a ride

I did a 2 day training a few weeks ago and then applied for my motorcycle license - this week, I got my license in the mail and put my new bike on the road... a big week!!! Today - I had my first out of neighborhood experience - bike on the road... I am hooked... show me yours... oh, and here's...
  3. Gail O'Rourke

What's your favorite wood

Can I ask a question and post a pic? What's your favorite wood? I really love walnut - but my customers keep asking for paint grade. I was fortunate enough to have a recent client ask for walnut (it helps when you bring the sample with you with some finish on it). Here is a walnut media...
  4. Gail O'Rourke

Mahogany Screen Porch

Hi, I have been working on a mahogany screened in porch - I think that the pictures tell it all -
  5. Gail O'Rourke

Mahogany /Butcherblock Project

These projects are for a clients kitchen. This was the first time I used the Tandem Drawer Glides. Also the first that I made a prototype for (cart). The wood is mahogany, the finish is Sedona Red, Minwax with wipe on poly. The butcher block is counter stock that I bought... I am pleased...
  6. Gail O'Rourke

Tandem drawer glides

Hi, my first time today using the tandem drawer glides, they are very cool - is there any trick for minor adjustments that I am missing? Thanks for the help.
  7. Gail O'Rourke

Cutting African Mahogany

Why am I having such a hard time cutting african mahogany on my table saw? I am trying to cut a long 45 - and the wood is binding and pinching the blade, and once off the saw - (where I had to stop mid cut) one of the pieces is curling right up - (TWANG - for sound affect). OK< so I decide to...