Recent content by George Clark

1. George Clark

3520 Tilt-A-Way

3520 owners this may be of interest. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=107041 George
  2. George Clark

720s Get New Handles

Stablized big leaf maple; I got the idea for using stablized wood for chisel handles from Dave Jeske's Blue Spruce Toolworks display at Woodworking in America 08 in Berea, KY. Here's how they turned out.:D My first attempt at socket chisel handles. George
  3. George Clark

Shaker "Barbie Doll" Trays

I made these custom Shaker "Barbie" Trays for my granddaughters, ages two and four, for Christmas gifts. I realize they look very similar to the silverware tray in an article by Chris Schwarz in the Spring 06 issue of Woodworking Magazine, but these tray are destined to carry Barbie stuff and...
  4. George Clark

Cookie Stools

The cookie stools are Christmas gifts for my granddaughters, ages 2 and 4. My somewhat mundane turnings have been considerably enhanced by my wife's artwork. Please don't even think about calling them "time out" stools. Thanks for looking. George
  5. George Clark

Another Spalded Maple Bowl

This was my first attempt to turn spalted maple. It was quite a learning experience. As a matter of fact, I learned some things I'm not sure I wanted to learn. The bowl is slightly over 11 inches in diameter and was buffed and waxed, no other finish. George
  6. George Clark

Bottle Stoppers and Tool Handles

Christmas gifts on display. George
  7. George Clark

Robust Tool Storage

This is my adaptation of a lathe tool rack that a member of our local turning club made. His inspiration was a tool rack that appeared in the "tips" section of American Woodturner. It is a variation of a design that has long been used to hold fishing rods. The angled bottom board gently...