Recent content by Jim C Bradley

1. Jim C Bradley

Book Worm Gift - Thumb page holder

What I do I took a pic of what I use. I like it very much even though I have a beautiful walnut page holder. This one is a strip of something, similar to BS belting, that I had in the scrap box. The walnut page holder is beautiful, but the "belting" works a lot better. I tossed in another...
  2. Jim C Bradley

Big Update on My Spray Booth

I had to expand my painting booth in order to spray finish this fine panel. I added some side panels and a way to hold the item being finished up off of the dirty shop floor. I do have a complaint. The rheostat on my wind machine does not work too well. Over on the right side of the panel...
  3. Jim C Bradley

Veneered Glasses Case

Brent, For most people one glasses case per pair of glasses. Glasses tend to end up where they are used (examples: safety glasses in shop and/or yard tool area, dark glasses in car or same place as car keys or in a case by the door you go through to the yard and/or car, etc.) A glasses case...
  4. Jim C Bradley

Veneered Glasses Case

I have been busy cleaning out the nooks and crannies of the rafters over the shop. I came across some of many old items from the span of my career. I thought this veneered glasses case from the 1950's might be of interest to some of you . . .
  5. Jim C Bradley

Guess What the Latest Innovation out of Bradley and Son Labs is Today!

Anyone care to guess what we're up to? Prototype 1 . . . Conclusion = Fail (Birds ate it within 48 seconds) Prototype 2 . . . Conclusion = Fail (Needed the funnel to fuel the miniature chainsaw used for my Bonsai) Prototype 3 . . . Conclusion = Fail (Too Cutesy) Prototype 4 ...
  6. Jim C Bradley

Drill Press "In Close" Hold Downs

I was wishing for an "in close" hold down for the DP the other day. I thought about how I might make something like this. Then I saw one in an old magazine, did a search online and found one that Glenn made!?! Since the unsuspecting comedian is coming down this weekend I'll snooker him into...
  7. Jim C Bradley

FREE Metal Duct Parts

I have two 5" to 4" metal ducting reducers. Free to any Family Woodworking member. PM your address, questions, whatevers to Jim C Bradley Enjoy, JimB
  8. Jim C Bradley

Thoughts and some humor on measuring

I was reading a novel and found this in the text. Remembering the Imperial vs Metric threads of a couple years ago I just had to post this. This complaint was made by a person who works with the metric system. “Why had I ever been sent away from the land of half-crown, ha’ pennies, florins...
  9. Jim C Bradley

Lathe Dust Collection Snake

I have had dust collection at the lathe in various forms. This is the latest version. Can you guess why the "S" is in the hose for this picture?
  10. Jim C Bradley

Vertical Lumber Storage Addition

Glenn dropped by and we took to the shop. For Christmas I received a coupon good for one "Lumber Rack Re-Org". I am cashing in part of that :thumb:. Glenn says this one incorporates all the fixes for the mistakes he made on his first two that reside in his shop so, I got that going for me. I...
  11. Jim C Bradley

Trying to locate URL for a Phoenix woodworking forum

Five or ten years ago some guys on a woodworking forum based in Phoenix were a great help to me. I would like to contact them again. The only record I have is "http://www.phoenixwood.ca/forum/inde... .org" I got no place trying to use that information. Does anyone know how I can...
  12. Jim C Bradley

I may have discovered the 8th Wonder of the World

I may have discovered the eighth "Wonder of the World." I'm sure you all know the other seven such as the pyramids, the sphinx, the hanging gardens. Well I came upon the Eighth by accident this afternoon. I am sure all of you, at one time or another, have opened your silicone glue and found...
  13. Jim C Bradley

Clamp Rack Wall Rebuild

Here's a shot of the keeper stock and the key again along with a view of the sac-fence on the sled. . Occasionally a bit of adjustment was required. Fortunately Glenn had watched a Garret Hack video in which he demonstrated his 'micro-adjuster'. Yep . . . perfect. With such repetitve...
  14. Jim C Bradley

Clamp Rack Wall Rebuild

My son, Glenn, informed me that I had outgrown my clamps storage racks and that I had a real mess (come on, did he think I didn't know that). Anyway he came down and we made new clamp racks with room to grow. For those of you who remember Igor I say, “Thank goodness Igor was not here.”...
  15. Jim C Bradley

Tom and Band Saw

Tom, My reply to your new/old band saw thread got shifted out of Today's threads right after I posted it. This is just to let you know what happened in case you wish to view it. Enjoy, JimB