Recent content by Jim Welton

1. J

sketchup ?

I'm sensing I came to the right place. Thank y'all.
  2. J

sketchup ?

I opened the education version and started on their tutorials (again).
  3. J

sketchup ?

I feel like a Luddite using paper and pencil. Lol I also tend to "wing it" too often with my projects with unpredictable results. I'm starting to build out some custom garage cabinets and would really like to model the layout before getting started. Do you have some recommendations on better...
  4. J

sketchup ?

Windows but I stopped using it over a year ago. I watched as many woodworking specific videos discussing Sketch Up as I could find. I think there was Jay Bates, April Wilkerson, etc. I took a drafting class decades ago in high school and understand perspective. I dealt with prints when I...
  5. J

Not fine wood working but it'll keep the birds out

Awesome. Plus that looks so much more reliable than ones I've seen on Amazon.
  6. J

sketchup ?

I'm not certain if the norm here is to bump and old thread or start fresh, but this question is on topic. I'm generally good with software but Sketch Up leaves me frustrated. When does it get intuitive? I've watched a dozen You Tube videos and still can't get the hang of it.
  7. J

Not fine wood working but it'll keep the birds out

Hopefully she won't be fighting off birds once they know the timing. Damn birds are smart.
  8. J

A question on liability

Weird first thread to jump into (hello) but why not. Random stranger suggesting if you are building doll furniture because you have a passion to build doll furniture, go for it with all flags flying, and accept the risks. If you are just trying to find a way to have someone else cover your...