Recent content by Karl Brogger

1. Karl Brogger

Neat and clean shops

I've worked in dirty, I've worked in clean. I much prefer clean.
  2. Karl Brogger

Overlay Question

This is my experience with Blum hardware. 5/8 overlay is the max you can achieve without rubbing on a 110º hinge, that's with a zero millimeter plate. A 110º+ hinge gets you to 11/16" with a zero millimeter plate. For us, anything greater than that 11/16" overlay requires switching to an...
  3. Karl Brogger

My shop

Old pictures posted a long time ago. I'm sure all of the hotlinks are long dead
  4. Karl Brogger

My shop

I've never understood the dirty shop mentality. Clean is so much easier. That router is an absolute animal.
  5. Karl Brogger

My shop

The shop mostly in it's current state.
  6. Karl Brogger

Down Draft Table for Sanding Dust

Same same. Building cabinets, trying not to freeze to death. I kinda forgot about this forum for a while. I was looking up info about some software, and a link came up here.
  7. Karl Brogger

Down Draft Table for Sanding Dust

You have to move a lot of air to make a downdraft table work well. A few thousand on a table of much size is really inadequate. Ours is 48x72 and I think it's 5000cfm? I'd have to look it up to be sure
  8. Karl Brogger

Notching drawer boxes for Blum undermount slides.

This has been a little side project of mine for way too long. I bought this shaper in 08' or 09', and hadn't set it up anything until yesterday. I picked it up at an auction for $200. It just sat under a pallet rack for a couple of years until I moved into the building I'm in now, back in...
  9. Karl Brogger

I learned something new today.

For ever, or at least over the course of the last few thousand dovetail drawer boxs I've built, I've been pounding them together with a hammer and a block of wood. Some go easily, some are cranky, but they've all carried the Estwing stamp of assembly. Until today friends, until today. I had...
  10. Karl Brogger

New shop this year. Maybe....

I'm in the early stages of planning out a new shop. Right now I'm looking at putting up a 7200 sq/ft building with a 16' sidewall. Dimensions would be 60' x 120', with the office outside of the main building. The plan is to put a partition wall on one end, leaving a 28x60 area for staging...
  11. Karl Brogger

I gotta stop coming up with dumb ideas.

Sunburst ceiling panel for my house flipping project in the front entry.
  12. Karl Brogger

Can you tell I'm a sailor?

The top of the new widebelt sander is about 90" off the floor, the gates for the dust collection are about 6" above that, and completely out of reach. I drilled three holes in the end of the blast gates where they have a 90º bend in them for the handle. The two outside holes are for a piece...
  13. Karl Brogger

Twenty Questions.

The shop has a new toy coming. Guess what it is. You've got twenty questions.
  14. Karl Brogger

How do people know when the worst time to quit is?

My one employee bailed on me. I'm staring at a stack of 91 drawers that need to be run through the widebelt, machined, sanded, assembled, sanded again, and drilled for hardware. grrrrr.
  15. Karl Brogger

One seriously packed shop

This is one job. And the largest I've ever done. A little fuzzy on the details, but from memory: The job is all inset. 90%+ painted, the remainder being Walnut, with one very small Maple butcher block in the kitchen. 84 Drawers, solid birch dovetailed drawers. Blum 562H slides. 88 Drawer...