Recent content by Ken King

1. K

First loaves out of my new mixer.

They look good to me! There's not much better than warm homemade bread and butter!
  2. K

I just ordered a new toy!

That's one sweet mixer!
  3. K

Another remodeling thread

Thanks for the replies, guys. I learned the correct wiring for these just yesterday after it didn't work about the third time. I watched several youtube videos, spending even more time on the project. I had a chance today to go to the big orange store and bought another new switch. If I do...
  4. K

Yep, that's the case here. I have determined which has the power, and which goes to the light, which traveler gets the power when the powered switch is flipped, and even swapped out the switches, oh, and then swapped the travelers as well. I even bought two switches before I started. However...
  5. K

An update. There are no more junction boxes. However, to accomplish that required some serious work, which isn't done yet. I rook up 3 attic floor boards, and took down part of the ceiling, to include cutting a small square in the part of the new ceiling that is just to heavy for me to take down...
  6. K

There goes my weekend

Fred reminded me of a power steering pulley puller, perhaps one of those or something similar would work to pull that pulley.
  7. K

There goes my weekend

Once you figure out the proper puller to grip the pulley while pushing on the shaft, do what Don said, but when you take it out of the freezer heat the pulley with something like a mini-torch and then try to pull it. The shaft should have contracted, and the warm pulley should expand, making it...
  8. K

Oh, I'm aware of that. I know you guys are trying to be helpful. I've been thinking about it, and I think I can completely eliminate at least one of the boxes if I go into the attic. I think I can pull up a floorboard and run a new wire all the way from switch to vanity light that way.The other...
  9. K

Yes, I could probably do that.
  10. K

I would have used the old wire to pull a new one except that the old wire is stapled in place, so there's no pulling it. I could have put them so covers could have been added through the ceiling, but two covers a foot apart is not the effect I'm looking for in that room. There's no way those...
  11. K

They are not. There isn't any way to make them so. I can't run new wire to the vanity light without removing a wall that I don't need to remove, and that wire is about 6 feet too short to get to the switch, so I really have no choice but to do it this way.
  12. K

I thought I posted this last night, but I don't see it so I guess I didn't. The ceiling is now up and level. It was my intention to do the taping and mudding this morning, but instead decided to separate the wiring for the light over the vanity and the ceiling lights. That meant taking down a...
  13. K

The ceiling is now up and level. Now on to the hell of taping and mudding.
  14. K

In market for a table saw suggestions please

Congrats! I'd love a sawstop!