Recent content by Mike Turner

1. M

Tools for Sale

Update! 1. Sorby Full size texturing tool with an extra cutter wheel. ($100 for Texturing tool plus extra cutter wheel) https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Sorby-310-Texturing-Tool/dp/B004HIQLDG https://www.grizzly.com/products/Ro...HBTpL7mVv_PZREYoCipxel0VXgFtkZNxoCNJAQAvD_BwE 3. Wagner Texturing...
  2. M

Locking the Drill/Sander in "On" Position

I have one of the WoodTurners Wonders blue Angle drill.I used it today for the first time.It works really good.I wish I could put it in on postion so I wouldnt have to squeeze it all the time.It would be easier on my hands. (Arthritis )I could put a tie wrap around the trigger to the desired...
  3. M

Bosch RA1165 Router UndermountTable Base

I have a Bosch RA1165 Router Undermount Table Base that I will sell or trade. You can adjust the router height from through the top of your router table with just an allen wrench. Just let me know if you are interested.It hasnt been used at all.It is new. I have all the screws etc. for it.It is...
  4. M

Detail Sanders

I am looking at detail sanders....really as small as I can get.. And something to lessen the stress on my hands as much as possible. I have plenty of hook and loop sand paper that I can cut to fit on whatever I get or make. I need something for the small intricate work.
  5. M

Need Longer Thickness Caliper

I love these calipers from Lee Valley but I sometimes need them to be longer. Anyone have a good idea how to make something like them longer? I make flutes and I bore the long hole for the flute sound chamber.Occasionally one will drift a little and if I know this I can allow more wood to be...
  6. M

Sanding /Artthritis

I am a woodturner.I make flutes and bowls...Ive done it a while...more or less self taught except for the ?s Ive asked everybody. Anyhow I have some arthritis in my hands...Dr. says he is pretty sure it is the osteoarthritis or the kind from overuse. It doesnt look like the rheumatoid kind to...
  7. M

Bought a Nice Spokeshave But Ughhhhhh

I wanted to venture off into handtools somewhat so I bought a nice Stanley 55 concave spokeshave from Ed's Antique Tools in Pittsboro ,NC. He sharpened it before sending and it worked pretty good for a novice like me on it. I tried it out a little while Wed..I wanted to go to shop for a few...
  8. M

Sjobergs Smart Vise Presented by Woodcraft

I get an email from Woodcraft.I sort of got excited cause I have needed a good vise for a long time...But the reviews are poor about this vise.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MOG8fkQeeE&trk_msg=0SE3O5M5NKF475J2TSSEEQB8C This price would be right for me.But with reviews it's not good...
  9. M

Stanley 55 Spokeshave

I have been just looking at concave spokeshaves. I have a good contact that has some.If one of these is set up pretty good ,working as good as possible is it a decent spokeshave?I would love one of the pricier ones but with my hand issues I don't know if I should spend that much..Got some...
  10. M

WTB or Trade for Concave Spokeshave

I am looking for a good concave spokeshave.Anyone got one they want to sell or trade for something else? Thanks in advance!
  11. M

Carrying for Cordless Tools/Lithium-ion Batteries

I have a 12v Milwaukee drill driver and an impact driver with lithium-ion batteries. My shop is not insulated and hot during the summer.How should I treat or store these tools/batteries? I just want to be safe and get the most from my batteries.
  12. M

Looking at Cordless Drill Driver//Impact Driver Kits...Best Deal and Hand Friendly

I am leaning toward getting a Milwaukee Drill/Driver...maybe one with the impact driver.After reading I am undecided big time.....I am not the guy that build decks and needs to drive a bunch of screws every afternoon.These tool or tools will be on special project.They dont need to be overly...
  13. M

Fixing John Deere Lawn Mower Seat

I have a JD Mower that the cushion part of the seat has been separated from the metal part quite a while.It isn't damaged at all but won't stay in place. What is the best glue to try and help it stay in place? I would need something that would give me some time to get the glue spread out good...
  14. M

Want a Dewalt 611 Plunge Base

Does anyone happen to have a Dewalt 611 Plunge Base that they would sell or trade ?
  15. M

How to Cut or Rout this Grove?

I am a flutemaker and am starting working on a new flute(new to me that is). I already see that I need some how to hold a somewhat irregular shaped flute so that I can rout about a approx. 2" long groove with a straight bit..Ideally an inexpensive milling would be the set up...I don't think is...