Recent content by Ned Bulken

1. Ned Bulken

cityscapes

Hi gang, visiting my folks in VA and I hauled down some board pieces and some scrap... when I glue up the boards, after the first cross cut, I wind up with these randomish assemblies... I stand them up on end, glue them together and they begin to look like a city vista... enjoy!
  2. Ned Bulken

$5 screwdriver set at home depot

I thought I'd pass this one along... I'm giving my boys each a set for christmas... hopefully they won't steal my tools now. (ha!) http://dealnews.com/HDX-51-Piece-Screwdriver-Set-for-5-pickup-at-Home-Depot/1235126.html I selected pick up at store, and they only had 2 sets, so they upgraded me...
  3. Ned Bulken

Road trip

Anyone along 1-81 between syracuse & Harrisonburg VA? I'm road tripping Monday and Wednesday to see my parents. I'll have my youngest son Pat with me, Will detour for shop tours! Ned
  4. Ned Bulken

Great News

Hi folks, been a busy month, between the kickstart, family goings on and what not. I stopped in to visit a former co-worker at Swift Transportation one late night. He wanted a cutting board for his wife, and I had one already made. He made a chance comment that they were looking for an ECT...
  5. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

Milled up some of the walnut, plus butternut , cherry. & maple. Ned
  6. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

at least 12-14 bf in that one slab of 5/4 walnut
  7. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

100k worth of cutting boards?!?!???? :eek: homina homina homina... I did a bit of craigslist mining last night... lucked into this haul as a result one huge slab (which I'm going to try NOT to cut up)... plus about 50 bf of 5/4 air dried walnut... which I masked up and got the whole thing...
  8. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

Mixed batch of lumber... Cherry, walnut, maple , beech & poplar. Hmmm... silly tapatalk, should rotate that one... Funding is 'complete' and now I'm waiting on a portion of it to hit my bank. In the meantime, building, building building, despite the power issue. Oh, and Amazon lets me use...
  9. Ned Bulken

Oh Bother--- electrical issue

Well, I tried to fire up my drum sander this morning. My shop used to run on extension cord out of our utility room. It doesn't at the moment, because I've evidently blown the entire circuit for the washer/dryer. I've reset the breaker, but to no success. Needless to say, Lori is far from happy...
  10. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

Darren, didn't quite make it Thanks to all for your support and interest! Funding is just a stop on the journey of course. Now I have approximately a 2 week period where funding will trickle in. In the meantime, I've started building boards with the wood I had on hand.
  11. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

Adam helped me get the new sander on the legs. Temporary home, I'm going to rework that cart so it will park crosswise atop the cart. Not just yet though.
  12. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

And with my boys' help I got it off of the pallet. Vaughn.. I fixed the crosscut issue... And ripping as well... Plus a couple of rolls of paper... 80 & 150 & a cleaning stick Ned
  13. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

More later #napttime Ned
  14. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

Learning basic sketch up Ned
  15. Ned Bulken

Ned's Kickstarter Build

Hi gang, Thought I would have a showcase of just the build part of my kickstarter campaign that Darren mentioned here. The project is still going like gangbusters and I'm about to go full throttle on the build, hence this thread. Despite my parents' having enough to deal with currently, we...