Recent content by Niki Avrahami

1. Niki Avrahami

T-square

Thank you Spence The reason that the center leg is so wide is because I'm using (as you can see) a 5/8" thick MDF "Floor Panel" and I think that I wanted to make it more rigid or.....maybe I just used what I had... Yes, I think that you can use the other side of the center leg as a router...
  2. Niki Avrahami

"Cording" the "Cordless" drill

The strap is very useful In the garage, I'm using a transformer/rectifier that can supply 12V up to 300W (or 25A) The charging station...all the chargers are connected through a timer that I set to charge at night so, at the morning, I get "cold" battery ready to work Regards niki
  3. Niki Avrahami

"Cording" the "Cordless" drill

Good day On another post, Jerry Evans noticed that I'm using the flashlight battery to power the "cordless" drill... I'm known as a junk collector....and cheap. I didn't want to trash the drill (actually 3 drills) but to buy new batteries...well, sometimes a new drill will cost less... So I...
  4. Niki Avrahami

Euro hinges for beginners - part II

Good day Continued from part I.... Regards niki
  5. Niki Avrahami

Euro hinges for beginners - part I

Good day I would like to share with you my "amatorski" way of installing Euro hinges (the correct name is - Concealed hinges). There are many types and shapes but, I deal only with the 3 basic types (keep it simple) Full overlay Half overlay Inset I don't use "Face frame" so, I don't have any...
  6. Niki Avrahami

vac filter problem

Hi Frank As I understand, you have a space problem.....me too... I have 2 modified shop-vacs. One, is a simple home-vac and the other one is my baby - R2D2... Because of the modifications that I made, theoretically, I don't have to open the vacs for filter cleaning, for a year or so but...
  7. Niki Avrahami

Sanders dust extraction improvement

Good day My sanders have the dust extraction port but the dust extraction is very poor. I made this very small modification that improved the dust extraction to a level that I have dust free sanding. PS you don't have to start smoking :) I made small improvement to the ROS that...
  8. Niki Avrahami

TS Alignment & "Short fence"

Good Day I would like to share with you my method. I think that almost all table saws comes from the factory "almost" aligned so, I'm using this procedure to "fine tune" the factory "almost"... As you'll see, I'm not using any Hi-Tech nor Lo-Tech instruments because every blade has some...
  9. Niki Avrahami

Thin boards glue-up

Good day Disclaimer This idea is not mine, I saw it in a book and just modified it a little bit Claimer I swear that I took the pictures myself :) The idea might be good for all the "Boxers" here This idea will work with thin boards up to 10mm (3/8"). First I experimented with 8mm (5/16")...
  10. Niki Avrahami

How do you cut tennons?

Nowadays, I use the loose tenon cut on router table but, if the tenon is too long I cut it on the table saw with tenon jig. On the pics, you can see my home-made (well, even if I want, I cannot buy it here) that is riding on the fence on wheels (4 side and 4 top wheels). I start with a little...
  11. Niki Avrahami

Foam Brushes

Good day After all those "heavy" jigs, here is something "light" :) I'm using foam brushes almost with every paint or finish except, oil based stain and Nitro based paint. The biggest problem is....where from to steal the foam matress :) Regards niki
  12. Niki Avrahami

"Lets Talk About Shop Safety"

Hi Sean It looks like your son knows more than I do:o......I cannot tell the difference between the planes:o.....for me they are all the same....and Maple...I heard about it:)... One thing I would recommend... By the time that he will be a "big boy", the riving knife will dominate in USA (I...
  13. Niki Avrahami

Vice...

Good day Well, long time no wood working but I had this idea in mind.... As you know...and if you don't - you know now...I don't have a "normal" workbench with vices but, sometimes I need them. So, I made a very simple, easy and cheap vices. I leave it to your imagination what you can do...
  14. Niki Avrahami

Safety: Kick back can be seriously destructive. Oh yeah, and dangerous.

Hi Don I'm so glade that you are ok...the pics reminds me a war or... A splitter would help but I think that it's mounted too far from the blade and when cutting short pieces, it still doesn't come into "action"...a riving knife would do a better job as it is mounted very close to the blade...
  15. Niki Avrahami

TAble saw sled - part VI - last...

Good day So...that is the last post in the "sled" series... The last add-on is a "hold-down blocks" to cut small pieces I hope that you got some ideas for your sled and maybe, you got your ideas for more add-ons that will help you with your tasks.... Best regards niki