Recent content by Pete Janke

1. P

Extra track for Grizzly Track Saw

I have the original Grizzly Track saw kit that came with one 55 1/4" track. The number on the saw itself is T10687. I like the Grizzly and use it often. I would like to buy another track to connect to my original one for cutting longer pieces of wood. Grizzly no longer sells the saw or...
  2. P

Add Railing to Sloped Garden Sidewalk

Here's what I did. I decided not to drill into the sidewalk and my neighbor said he only needed a handrail. One side of the sidewalk is next to the sideyard fence. The fence was sturdy and would easily support a handrail. I set an additional 4x4 post in the ground near the bottom of the...
  3. P

Thank you for your replies. The concrete is in great shape, probably only a few months old. It's 3.5" thick. There is not much room next to it to place the post in the ground. I was expecting to build a wood railing, but that can change.
  4. P

My neighbor would like me to add a railing and handrail to his sloped concrete backyard sidewalk. He would like the posts attached to the sidewalk. The sidewalk is about 30" wide and has a considerable slope. What post bracket or method would you recommend to attach the sidewalk to make the...
  5. P

Garden Arbor

The bottom trim are nailed and glued, but could be replaced without much effort. They are decorative, but also gave me a surface a board's width away from the long legs in order to drive stakes into the ground next to them. I screwed the stakes into the bottoms to hold the arbor securely. My...
  6. P

Garden Arbor

My sister asked for a garden arbor. She will grow climbing rose bushes on it. It is redwood construction. 2 x 4s for the legs, and 2 x 6 pieces glued together and routed with a giant trammel to create the arch. The 1.5 x 1.5 stakes on the top are recycled from an old deck demolition. I...
  7. P

Easy Potting Bench

My sister asked me to build her a potting bench. She sent me some Ana White plans. This bench will be sitting outside so I made it with redwood and pressure treated 2x4s and fence boards. I varied from the plans by putting in a rear rail in both the top and bottom shelves for strength. I...
  8. P

End Table

A friend asked me to build a matching end table to fit in the corner of her two couches. I got a good deal on some walnut from a Facebook Marketplace seller. It is 30" x 30" x 12.25" tall. The frame is built out of fir. The top is resawn walnut. Our dog approves. ATTACH=CONFIG]106721[/ATTACH]
  9. P

What is this wood species

The End Table Here's the end table I built. I got a good deal on some walnut from a Facebook Marketplace ad.
  10. P

What is this wood species

I've been asked to build a small end table for a friend. She would like it to match her couch, pictured here. I only have the pictures. Any idea on the wood species?
  11. P

Lean-to Shed

I just finished this Lean-to shed. I looked at a lot of them on different media sites and built this one to meet my needs. It's 4' x 10', built on cement piers, and painted to match our house. I used cutoffs from a deck project for the floor and the small porch. I just added the lumber rack...
  12. P

Hitachi Miter Saw Stand

I have the same saw (a few years older) mounted on a Ridgid MSUV. I'm very happy with the saw and the stand. The saw is a load, but works well on my stand. I especially like how the stand folds up into a fairly compact space in my small garage shop.
  13. P

Ashtray from Cutting Board Cutoffs

My son-in-law often gets together with his pals for a "Herf." I learned this is when males bond while smoking their favorite cigars. I made this ashtray for him out of multiple cutting board cutoffs. I finally used some of those odd small pieces of hardwood I refused to throw away. The...
  14. P

Hide A Bed

The kids moved out and my wife reclaimed their rooms. I just finished this horizontal twin bed in the "Road Trip Room." I used a bed hardware kit from Create A Bed. It is finished with faux barn wood and dark stain on the pine trim. The barn wood design was my wife's design.
  15. P

Kitchen Light Cover/Diffuser

A ballast was failing in the T12 fixture in our kitchen. I installed 2 - 4' LED lights in its place and just finished this kitchen light cover/diffuser. It is made out of the same crown molding I recently hung in the kitchen.. I had to stack it with baseboards where it meets the ceiling so...