Recent content by Rich Soby

1. Rich Soby

Delta 36" lathe with duplicator and steady rest

****SOLD****
  2. Rich Soby

3hp 10 " cabinet saw and sliding table

******sold**** 10" Pioneer cabinet saw 220v single phase 3hp with 50" fence and 65" Excalibur sliding table- $1100.00 This has been an excellent saw. Im currently downsizing and no longer have space or need for such a large machine. Pick up Orleans Cape Cod, Ma
  3. Rich Soby

Large logs

I have 3 large logs I believe to be beech. Diameter approximately 36" 2 are approximately 9' long 1 is approximately 7' with a nice crotch. Was going to have these cut up for table/bar tops etc but I am moving and don't want to lug them along. Asking 300.00
  4. Rich Soby

Rookie question on dovetailing

Ok, I should know the answer to this but..... I always use through dovetails on my projects but for this particular job the fronts will be seen so half blinds are the way to go. Im using 5/8" thick solid maple for the drawers. (Ill be cutting these on a PC 4112 jig) My question is figuring...
  5. Rich Soby

true story

6. Rich Soby

neat article on ca

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/10/stuff_eng_tech_ca_glue.htm
  7. Rich Soby

Bailey planes

correct.me.if.im wrong but one other point is that the frog on the bedrock gives full support to the back of the blade whereas the bailey does not. on light cuts this may not make a difference but once some force is used that.lack of support causes chatter as the blade can slightly flex.
  8. Rich Soby

Another project finished

Been a long winter... put me way behind schedule. I gotta say its no fun when all your projects back up into each other and you have to scramble to just keep them going. Been working 12 to 14 hour days the past few months without a break trying to do my regular job and 3 projects.. This kitchen...
  9. Rich Soby

400 year old barn beam reclaimed

finally finished!
  10. Rich Soby

Bandsaw blade question

Tony there is a good chance your bandsaw has the blade length printed on it somewhere. possibly inside one of the doors or on the side. Look around it. It should be there. Would not be fun to forget to carry the 1 while finding the square root of the circumference of the wheel divided by the...
  11. Rich Soby

married for the 4th time

a little morning giggle
  12. Rich Soby

nothing like...

... changing the bag on your dc and realizing after feeding the third door through your sander that you forgot to put a new bag on........
  13. Rich Soby

400 year old barn beam reclaimed

beam is finished. still have stone and now I can complete the bead board around the sides and onto finishing the built ins
  14. Rich Soby

wipe on varnish formula

been waiting 24 hours +/- between coats. I couldn't really say what the dry time has been as Ive put a coat on last thing and not gotten back to it till the next afternoon/evening. by then each coat has been dry to the touch. This last coat I put on this morning and didn't rub it out for a...