Recent content by Ron Sardo

1. Ron Sardo

Congratulations to Vaughn McMillan

Vaughn made the front cover of the Woodturner's Resource 2011 Calendar. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy :thumb:
  2. Ron Sardo

Hey Stu (video camera question)

What type of video camera are you using for your videos that you upload to YouTube? TIA
  3. Ron Sardo

LED

By accident today I found a Harbor Freight store, about 20 miles from home, I never knew it existed. Most of the stuff is junk, but they had this LED light for $10 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95414 As luck would have it, the bracket on the 3520 works...
  4. Ron Sardo

A question for Machinists

I noticed that there are a couple of machinist's on this forum. The last time I looked at a metal lathe or milling machine was back in High School... 35 years ago, so I forgot more than I ever knew. I'll try not to sound to dumb with my questions. I want/need to do some light milling on some...
  5. Ron Sardo

Bubinga Inlaid Box

Bubinga Box with Maple Burl and Ebony inlay. About 4" tall Thanks for looking
  6. Ron Sardo

Some Boxes ** 5 Pics **

I haven't posted any work here, I figured I'd show you what I've been up to lately. These were the last three pieces off my old 1236 lathe First Two: About 5" high. Maple and Bubinga with Holly and Maple inlay Third: Maple and Bubinga About 2.5" high Fourth and Fifth Maple and...
  7. Ron Sardo

For Sale: Jet 1236 Lathe - Sold

For Sale: Jet 1236 Good Condition Comes with 12" tool rest 4 prong dead center Live center Knock out bar. Optional accessories included 3" face plate Headstock handwheel 6" tools rest $400 or best offer Pick up only Northeast Pennsylvania near the intersections of I-80 and I-81
  8. Ron Sardo

It's in

The lathe is up and running. For the most part I was able to get the 3520 down in the basement and set up by myself. I had a problem aligning the headstock because of the locking mechanism, so my 15 year old daughter lent a hand. Thanks for the advice. I'm ready for a nap.