Recent content by Wes Morris

1. W

Looking for an original splitter

Anybody know where I can find an original splitter w/wo blade guard for a 103.22161 contractor saw? Reasonably priced?
  2. W

Suggested price and anyone interested?

Yeah. The higher priced ones are in Mi. or farther. I'll try for 200. Thanks.
  3. W

Suggested price and anyone interested?

I have a 50s, Craftsman 103.22161 contractor's saw. Real good condition w/ spare trunion and such. Homemade fence,(can throw in parts of broken original fence) and original mitre gauge. I've seen them on ebay from $200-$600. I'm in a tiny shop and need the room. Hate to sell but keeping my...
  4. W

Craftsman 103.22161 tablesaw

I'm a lefty so I'm always to the right of the blade area unless I'm using the sled. Sure is a neat looking saw, though.
  5. W

Lol. I understand. I've had thoughts of selling my machines and going full on "woodwright shop". I'll just stay with the contractor model and keep the "companion" as a paperweight.
  6. W

Wouldn't the splitter keep that from happening? Maybe not at a 45° angle. That saw has a splitter. My tilt arbor doesn't figures. Lol
  7. W

The tilt top I'm more concerned with the splitter. Thanks. Good advice on the MJ.
  8. W

Wow! Thank you. I hadn't thought of that. Good point. I guess the 103 is the more versitile saw. The tilting arbor WOULD be much safer. Glad I signed on here. Any thoughts on a knife or splitter for the 103? I get nervous doing rips, on it, due to not having either. Can't find any on any of the...
  9. W

Nice saw. I'd love to find a bg/ splitter, like that. I'll probably have to go with a 0-clearance throat plate and micro jig splitters.
  10. W

I thought so too, at first. It does rip cuts fine. I havn't done a bevel cut, yet, but the more I think of it, the table tilts to the right and it seems that would hold the board tighter against the fence. That seems like it would make for a more secure and cleaner bevel cut. I could be wrong...
  11. W

Thanks, on #1. On #2, that was "Companion". I believe they were from the early 30s to maybe 40s. On another forum,(garage journal"), no one had anything good to say about them. They thought the "tilt top" was super dangerous.
  12. W

Howdy. New member, here. Have two questions. 1: Did the 103.22161 contractor tablesaw come with a bladeguard/splitter or riving knife? 2: why does everyone hate the old Craftsman Companion tilt top tablesaw?