Recent content by William Young

1. William Young

Softwood RM Bowl

Thanks guys . I got three logs from that hydro pole last week and then I quartered them with my chain saw and got these boards from them . I made that bowl out of just one of those boards .
  2. William Young

Softwood RM Bowl

The RM manual states that only hard woods should be used . That was probably because back when that manual was written , the cave man never thought anyone would use flat segmented boards to make a bowl from so there would be no end grain sanding at all . A flat one piece board or a laminated...
  3. William Young

360 Segment Bowl From A Board

I cut the hole for the decorative plug in the bottom using the Longworth chuck I finished making yesterday. 8.5" diameter bowl . Yellow heart and African mahogany and maple .
  4. William Young

60 Segment Bowl

Sixty segment bowl from a board finished off this morning.
  5. William Young

Multi Colors and Segments

Finished this one off this afternoon.
  6. William Young

Never Two The Same

This one is Rock maple , Yellowheart and Purpleheart and Walnut Finished it off this afternoon .
  7. William Young

Something A Little Different

From segments cut out to form a board yesterday To this bowl made and finished off this morning .
  8. William Young

Improved Skewed Segment Bowls

Hey , I think I'm catching on to this skewed segment concept . . .lol . . Previous ones had every other one either small or large in the bottom of the bowl . This time they are all even and exactly the same width. Also , I didn't care for the 3/4" thick foot I put on previous ones so...
  9. William Young

Twenty Four Segment Board To Bowl

This is the bowl made from the 24 segment board I cut and glued up yesterday . Anything with a checker pattern seems to sell real good for me so I would imagine this one will get snapped up for seventy nine bucks real quick at my next craft sale this coming Saturday .
  10. William Young

Sixteen Seg Board and Bowl

Glued up a 16 segment board and made a bowl from it . Here is how it turned out .
  11. William Young

Hawaii Bowl

A friend of mine in Hawaii (hawaiilad) on my Woodworking Friends site sent me some Koa and some Sandalwood in exchange for something I sent to him . Had never worked with those two woods before that are native to Hawaii so I am calling this my Hawaii Bowl . . . lol . . I made a 12...
  12. William Young

Another Large One

Just finished off this big 11.5" one . Same bowl shown at a couple different angles.
  13. William Young

I Made A Whatzit

Had some small segmented discs left over from other projects so glued them up in a stack and put it on the lathe with no idea what it was going to become. A little later it evolved into this. . It isn't a bowl and it isn't a vase so I am calling it a whatzit . . lol . . .
  14. William Young

Going To Be A Biggy .

As I have mentioned before, big bowls do not sell near as good as smaller ones in my area but I do like to keep one or two big ones on hand at all times . The laminated board for this one was 12" x 12" Here it is with the rings right off the RM and glued up and in the press . Then I...
  15. William Young

Anti=Gravity Cake

A talented woodworking member by the name of Al Hansen posted a message on the Off Topic board in my Woodworking Friends site . No , this was not a woodworking project made by him . It is a cake that was made by his daughter . Thought y'all might be interested in seeing the lovely job she made...