Sweet Bedroom Suite

Any dowels, biscuits, or dominoes for alignment (in case the fasteners loosen)?
I had wanted to but the vertical rail portion drops in using a bed rail connector between the end of the foot rail and the post. This prohibits using a horizontal alignment aid such as a dowel. I could have gone with a key that slips in from the inside of the corner after assembly, but went with double connectors and I'm relying on the rail connector to do most of the alignment duties. The inside connector would have to be eliminated to use a key.

IMG_0441.jpg

When you run into wrinkles or get stressed about a project remember that there is at least one member here who is extremely jealous of the challenges being percolated over and the work you are getting to do. You have had to address a lot of interesting functions for this piece not the least of which is breaking it down for transport. It has been great riding along and I look forward to the rest of the trip.

When you run into wrinkles or get stressed about a project remember that there is at least one member here who is extremely jealous of the challenges being percolated over and the work you are getting to do. You have had to address a lot of interesting functions for this piece not the least of which is breaking it down for transport. It has been great riding along and I look forward to the rest of the trip.
You are most gracious and generous in your praise master Obi-wan. :bow: It is much appreciated.

Last edited:
A great fit to their style. Another happy client. Always nice to see people willing to wait for (and pay for) quality work. What a great journal/adventure. I really like the low, clean look of that design.

You did an outstanding job getting the grain lined up. Excellent job.
David
Loving how the grain flows👍
I actually glued up a panel larger than the entire front. The panel is glued up when I mill the lumber to 7/8” or so thick. Then I rip the drawer fronts in pairs and then crosscut to final width. Then back to the planer. This way I don’t have to worry about having a perfect glue up. If the boards aren’t perfectly aligned any ridges are planed out.

This panel was large and heavy. The one for the large dresser is going to be a challenge!

Wonderful. The continuous figure across the drawer fronts really speaks to the care and craftsmanship that went into this. I prefer finishes that let the material show its beauty. The textures on display and the sheen are perfect for these.

I don't know if I got an answer to my earlier (#89) question as to how you apply the ARS. I re-read through but, may have missed it. Foam brush, spray, rag, other? My curiosity comes from seeing folks get really great results with ARS and a foam brush.

Last edited: