I treated myself to a new TS.

Congrats John. A lot of folks have made some wonderful things on that machine. I had a similar after-market fence on one of my early contractor saws. I found that a slight push forward to help the head align wth the front rail prior to locking down the handle (and rear latch) gave me consistently parallel fence results. You're going to enjoy that machine I'll bet.

congrats, enjoy alot....I never put any of my stationary tools together myself, not because I couldnt, but I could never lift the boxes or parts.

That's a problem for me too. I've got it about halfway assembled. It's now sitting upside down in the shop. I have to wait until my buddy gets home from work tonight so he can help me flip it over and get it upright. There is no way that I can do it myself. This thing is a beast. It has a cast iron table and it weighs a ton!

That's a problem for me too. I've got it about halfway assembled. It's now sitting upside down in the shop. I have to wait until my buddy gets home from work tonight so he can help me flip it over and get it upright. There is no way that I can do it myself. This thing is a beast. It has a cast iron table and it weighs a ton!

yep, I had a rigid table saw similar to that....I also waited for my son to get home from work so he could do the lifting. its a great saw, and when I sold it, I got more than I expected, it held a good resale value.

congrats, enjoy alot....I never put any of my stationary tools together myself, not because I couldnt, but I could never lift the boxes or parts.
Time takes it's toll. When I bought my used old Craftsman (actually just a carcass) ts I was able to maneuver myself. Heavy thing. Glad it is now restored and will sit where it is until sold at a yard sale after I go under.