Friday 18Sep20

Better mow today. Looking a little shaggy. Don't know why it hasn't rained in awhile so pretty dry. May mess in shop a bit but no projects in the works.
I still say everyone have a safe and healthy weekend. Wishing the best to all.
David

Sally rain started yesterday and will be with us for the weekend, so no outdoor activity. Looks like a putter in the shop weekend. Waiting on a part to put the air cleaner back together and get it off my table saw. That dang thing is heavy and was a bear to get down. I need to figure out a way to get it back up without killing myself.

Nothing actually planned... I have a block of wood glued up and debating whether I'm going to cut for pepper mills or maybe turn as a segmented bowl...
I like what Dave came up with earlier this week and might give that a try.

Sally got outta here early Thursday, so the grass dried out enough to get my mowing done on schedule last evening. We got a total rainfall of 3.25" from Sally on top of about 2" in the week leading up to her visit.

This morning (Friday) I'm in my shop working on some scrap wood coasters. I also need to do more sanding on the crown molding I ran for our office cabinet project.

Saturday will be finish work on the coasters (making these for new neighbors) and more sanding on the crown molding. Then, kick back and get ready for the night race at Bristol!

Sunday will start as usual with me preparing brunch, then just chillin' out.

Working on bagel stands this weekend as well as final coats of varnish on the ash media center prior to assembly of the main carcass. If that goes well I'll do assemble and then start on the doors and leg assembly. Mowed yesterday - beautiful sunny day with a hi of 68 - perfect mowing weather. Overnight temps tonight to dip into mid 30's. Mowing season is coming to an end! I'll be doing the semi annual shed-shuffle pretty soon.

...Mowed yesterday - beautiful sunny day with a hi of 68 - perfect mowing weather. Overnight temps tonight to dip into mid 30's. Mowing season is coming to an end! I'll be doing the semi annual shed-shuffle pretty soon.
Yeah, I mowed, too. Now they're saying frost tonight, and highs in the low 60s for the next week. Won't be long before the mower comes off the JD and the plow blade goes on. Nearly time to get the snow blowers checked out - before they're needed. 😖

First order of business today was setting free a mouse I caught in a live trap in my shop. LOML won't let me use a traditional mouse trap, so I've been doing catch and release this week. Today's mouse is #3. I've been letting them go on the edge of the foothills about a half mile from our house. (Helping to feed the local roadrunner, hawk and bobcat population, I'm guessing.)

I'm finishing up a few pieces of wood trim I've been working on this week for a friend's keyboard. I had forgotten how nice mahogany looks when you hit it with an oil finish.

Also working on recording some guitar parts for a couple of songs I've been asked to contribute to. The guitar parts have been easy to come up with. The real challenge has been learning how to use some new recording software I recently installed on my computer. (Cakewalk)

Lastly I need to get a few more ducks in a row for a CCW class I'm teaching next weekend.

We got a big rain last week so today was the time to go out to my late parents' farm and mow the yard. Grass and weeds were damp when I started but dried out as the day progressed. Tomorrow there is a citywide garage sale in town. I'm going to the shop, lock the door, and make some sawdust.

When I left Montana in 2000, I left my snowblower there. The snow shovels were supposed to stay too, but got packed by accident. Great for picking up pecan leaves though.

spent all day today into early evening assisting my daughter. She is still in pain 9 days after c section and has horrible sciatica pain that wont let up.

will make some halloween decorations this weekend, just to kill time.

Got up early and went down to the farm to clean things up, mostly weed eating, but fixed a few things too for her Grandpa. On the way home I made a detour to Grizzly. Have the grand kids tomorrow, I think, but working on some painting projects and trying to finish up the wall panel for my wife.

My wife Marie is recovering form some minor surgery she had yesterday, so I'm trying to keep the dog contained while she rests as well as yard work that has been put off way too long over the summer. Since we're under a frost threat, I guess getting outdoor things ready for winter is on the list somewhere....at least starting on it.

spent all day today into early evening assisting my daughter. She is still in pain 9 days after c section and has horrible sciatica pain that wont let up.

will make some halloween decorations this weekend, just to kill time.

A piece of 1/4 inch ply leftover
2 50 cent Halloween ornaments and spray paint from pvc birds I make
Cut 2 stakes and this is my Halloween decorations this year
Not dragging anything else out of storage
Another small one for side of driveway
I'll pound it into my front lawn and be done with it

Attachments

• C5C95FFC-0851-4E70-8C00-F2FAF7FEE1CA.jpeg
    C5C95FFC-0851-4E70-8C00-F2FAF7FEE1CA.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 14
  • F8676438-EF71-4D70-86E4-2098B2F41DA0.jpeg
    F8676438-EF71-4D70-86E4-2098B2F41DA0.jpeg