Segmented Centerpiece Bowl

Dave Hoskins

I might be wrong, and I have been before, but I think some folks will want this sitting on their table as a centerpiece. 11 1/2" in diameter, 5 1/4" high, 4" deep, 5 3/4" base diameter, 1 gallon volume. I used my usual walnut oil for sealing the wood, using 2 nice thick coats. Then buffed the bowl with that tripoli stuff. Then did the finishing with shellac with a bit of walnut oil wax on the towel to help it lay down better. I told Chuck in another thread that another one was coming and here it is, Chuck. Hopes you all like it.

Attachments

• BLSW3.JPG
    BLSW3.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 8
  • BLSW3A.JPG
    BLSW3A.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 8
  • BLSW3B.JPG
    BLSW3B.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
  • BLSW3C.JPG
    BLSW3C.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 7
  • BLSW3D.JPG
    BLSW3D.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 8
  • BLSW3E.JPG
    BLSW3E.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 6
  • BLSW3F.JPG
    BLSW3F.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 5
  • BLSW3G.JPG
    BLSW3G.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 4
  • BLSW3H.JPG
    BLSW3H.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 4
  • BLSW3I.JPG
    BLSW3I.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 4
Thanks everybody! Chuck, are you OK now? You were banging your head pretty hard there. I must say I doubt I turn another segmented bowl this big or bigger. THAT was a lot of work. Whew.

I'm okay, just figuring out how far behind you I am... I have one on the work bench to show if I ever go back and put a finish on it....
My son treated me to some wood for my birthday.... we went to Jeffries Woodworks in Seymore and I picked up some board to try
and catch up with you.... That bowl will definitely grace someone's coffee table soon.